Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2019, 07:15 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dck22 View Post
If I may, what did you do to get the ConnecT 2 on that plan?

TIA

Dennis

I went to my local Verizon store and got a SIM card from them. Do some searching on the Verizon website first and find the prepaid unlimited data plan as my guy wasn’t familiar with it until I showed him that it wasn’t throttled down after 15gb. Also he had some trouble getting their system to link new SIM card to Winegard so he linked it to their mobile hotspot device and told me it would still work which it did. My main problem was not reading the instructions on how to change a provider on Winegard. Once I followed that all was good. It worked great at Disney Fort Wilderness for acceptable data speed.
Ssowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
This quote by the OP.

I just read the 1st page of this post, but I think the OP is asking about WiFi booster's not Cellular boosters. All the replies on the 1st page were for cellular boosters.

I've thought about a WiFi booster but most CG's don't seem to have the WiFi capacity to keep a decent connection. Forget about streaming.

I opted for a cellular booster, now that does work.

The Winegard 2.0 boosts WiFi and is a cellular hot spot depending on your needs.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #73

The Winegard ConnecT 2.0 has a double antenna. Primarily it is a wiFi booster and it also has a second antenna to boast 4G service.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
The Winegard ConnecT 2.0 has a double antenna. Primarily it is a wiFi booster and it also has a second antenna to boast 4G service.

Just to clarify the cell part does not boost a signal for your current data plan but is more of a stand alone cell service in addition to any cell plans you have however since it is mounted outside on the roof and I believe it has a full 3W of power it can pull in a signal from farther away than your handheld device. It then re broadcast the signal within about a 100’ radius of where it is mounted.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 PM   #75

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssowers View Post
I went to my local Verizon store and got a SIM card from them. Also he had some trouble getting their system to link new SIM card to Winegard so he linked it to their mobile hotspot device and told me it would still work which it did.
Ok, today I called Prepaid Tech Support, visited a Verizon Authorized Store and visited a Verizon Corporate Store trying to get the Verizon SIM in my ConnecT 2.0 activated replacing my JetPack on my PrePaid Unlimited Plan. I got the same response each time after they tried to activate the ConnecT 2.0 using the IMEI and SIM ID. The Winegard cannot connect to VZW Prepaid. I told a VZW store manager about the idea of tricking the system by activating a SIM in a MiFi and moving it to the Winegard. He said he would do that if he had a device that would take the large SIM which he did not.

Any ideas of suggestions? I am extremely frustrated.
2016 Chev Silverado 3500HD DRW
dck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #76
Commercial Member

Quote:
Ok, today I called Prepaid Tech Support, visited a Verizon Authorized Store and visited a Verizon Corporate Store trying to get the Verizon SIM in my ConnecT 2.0 activated replacing my JetPack on my PrePaid Unlimited Plan. I got the same response each time after they tried to activate the ConnecT 2.0 using the IMEI and SIM ID. The Winegard cannot connect to VZW Prepaid. I told a VZW store manager about the idea of tricking the system by activating a SIM in a MiFi and moving it to the Winegard. He said he would do that if he had a device that would take the large SIM which he did not.

dck22,

Have you connected our system to WiFi, updated the software, and then reconfigured the APN to use Verizon with the Verizon sim card inserted?
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #77

Quote:

The Verizon guy grabbed a jet pack off the shelf and scanned it then scanned my SIM card and handed it to me. Not sure what you mean about size of sim as he didn’t actually put it in a device. The scanning was just the sim was set for a data plan I think.

Take this advise as it was my real problem...after putting SIM card in Winegard pull out the instruction book and get on the internet site they give you and follow the directions exactly to change your cell provider. Worked perfect after that. You can’t use the app to change the service provider. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #78

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winegard View Post
dck22,

Have you connected our system to WiFi, updated the software, and then reconfigured the APN to use Verizon with the Verizon sim card inserted?
I have had the system on VZW post paid in the past. Yes I have updated the software and changed the API. The problem is a Verizon one, not Winegard. When VZW enters the IMEI number of the unit and tries to activate it on the VZW Prepaid Unlimited plan, the system response is that the Winegard cannot be used with Prepaid plans.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I have had the system on VZW post paid in the past. Yes I have updated the software and changed the API. The problem is a Verizon one, not Winegard. When VZW enters the IMEI number of the unit and tries to activate it on the VZW Prepaid Unlimited plan, the system response is that the Winegard cannot be used with Prepaid plans.

I’ve been having the same issue no matter what info you give them (EMIE, ICCID, etc.).
Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #80

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssowers View Post
The Verizon guy grabbed a jet pack off the shelf and scanned it then scanned my SIM card and handed it to me. Not sure what you mean about size of sim as he didn’t actually put it in a device. The scanning was just the sim was set for a data plan I think..
The SIM for the Winegard is larger than the SIM for a Jetpack. I tried giving VZW Prepaid the info for the VZW SIM card in the Winegard and the IMEI for my Jetpack which is essentially what your guy did. I was told that the SIM was not compatible with the Jetpack and they couldn't activate it. 😢
Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #81

Winegard Connect 2.0 WiFi 4G LTE

I am not sure what the issue is, but I took my Jetpack and the Winegard install directions to the Verizon store. They took the SIM card from the Jetpack, swapped it for a larger SIM card, assigned the JP phone number to it and input the Winegard data. The JP is no longer on my account and the Winegard shows up as another device with it’s own phone number. It has been working great. The combination of the Increased sensitivity of the SIM card and the Winegard antenna I was able to get good cell service in a CG where I previously could not get service.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #82

Nor'easters Club
RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
I am not sure what the issue is, but I took my Jetpack and the Winegard install directions to the Verizon store. They took the SIM card from the Jetpack, swapped it for a larger SIM card, assigned the JP phone number to it and input the Winegard data .
The issue is getting the Winegard on the VZW Unlimited Prepaid plan which some on this thread have done but others, myself included, have been repeatedly told by VZW Prepaid cannot be done.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #83

On What device is your prepaid plan. I my case I have 2 phones and the Winegard sharing data. My monthly statement shows a charge for each device and a list of how much each phone number (device) has used along with the fixed cost of the amount of data I purchased. Guessing the prepaid does not allow sharing and maybe its data is assigned to some other device
Old 04-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #84

Quote:
This device came standard with our new LTV Unity. It has taken me months to figure out exactly what it's good for but finally this trip we are in an RV Park with typical crapy wifi. I tried to get it to connect to the park wifi but not being an IT gruru, I started a chat line with Winegard Tech Support.
After a bunch of back and forth and a whole lot of patience on the part of Winegard, I got it connected to park wifi and our two iPads connected to the Connect2.
This thing made crapy internet service into something that is Very Good. I'm impressed. Thank you to Winegard Tech Support.

Tags
wifi