Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2021, 01:15 PM   #1

Winegard ConnecT 4G1 (4G LTE + WiFi Extender) ATT Service

Can anyone give some advice about this Winegard product. Need some advice on best way to hook up to 4g service for when on the go and WIFI is not available. is it best to just pick up a hot spot nd connect that way, or is it possible to get 4g service directly from this unit? 2021 Anthem.
mikelupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #2

You can get plans for the Winegard ConnecT 2 from Verizon, AT&T and several other providers. Winegard also sells their own data plan (using the AT&T network) but it is expensive compared to other plans availablle.

AT&T used to have an Unlimited Plan for $360/year but it is no longer available. I recently switch to a Cricket Simply Data Plan (using the AT&T network). They have $20GB for $35/month or $100GB for $55/Month. AT&T has similar plans.

You can sign up online or stop by a store. They will give you a Data SIM card that you will need to install in the unit on the roof (there is a SIM card in the unit for Winegard plans so you will need to remove it). Then you can activate the plan online and switch to the 4G hotspot option when you don't have WiFi.

I have had one for a couple years and it works very well. It can provide some decent coverage when your cell phone is showing one bar because of the antenna array in the unit.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...nly-plans.html

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1048698/
Judge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #3

Great. Thanks. Is the SIM card located on the antenna on the roof or in the modem unit, which in my Anthem is in the cargo bay.
mikelupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelupo View Post
Great. Thanks. Is the SIM card located on the antenna on the roof or in the modem unit, which in my Anthem is in the cargo bay.
The Winegard ConnecT 2 has the SIM installed in the unit on the roof. It is behind a clear access panel held in place by two scews.

I'm not sure what modem you are referring to in your particular coach.
Judge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:32 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a Togo which was a rebranded Connect when AT&T had their unlimited for $360 a year plan prior to them canceling it. It's a very low end category 4 modem which has no carrier aggregation, limited bands and only slow 2.4Ghz wifi. You can get a cat 18 4G LTE Jetpack with 4 internal Mimo antennas and external antenna ports like the Inseego 8800L that will outperform the Connect in most cases. There is also the 5G Inseego M2100 hotspot without antenna ports. The nice thing about a hotspot is the ability to take it with you. The Connect is borderline obsolete Tech imho, unless boosting and using unreliable campground wifi is the goal. I took mine down as soon as my AT&T plan ran out last October.
Aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #6

I believe the question was ConnecT 4G1 and not 4G2. I have 4G1 on a 18 Cornerstone and it has no SIM card slot. Unless it was changed in later models, Wineguard plan is the only option to this device.

Tags
service, wifi, winegard