This is my first post, though I have prowled the forums here for a while and have gotten some good advice.
I have just installed a new Winegard G2+ on top of our '06 Jayco 33SS.
Mechanicals went well using their 3 pad roof mounting system.
The 1" long screws they provide are #8's and with our thin fiberglass roof, I substituted 3/4" #10's. Four per pad are plenty. Laid down a thin coat of roof sealant, screwed her down and a top coat of sealant and we're done.
Ran the one RG6 from the primary outlet over to the existing TV antenna lead and zip tied it together, and went down thru the existing hole up front.
Had to file the hole just a bit bigger for the end fitting.
Took the Direct TV receiver, model HR24-200 out of the house and placed it in the center cabinet on top of the disk player we had.
1. Hooked an HDMI from the receiver to the front TV. It gets ANT TV from COAX, and the disk player via RCA cord. Three inputs to front TV.
2. Hooked up the existing RCA cord from the back TV to the receiver. It gets ANT TV from COAX. No disk hook up.
3. All front power, TV, Receiver, Power inserter in the G2 coax and disk player come from a power strip, which is plugged into the coach, and it is also a surge protector.
4. Here is the dirty little secret not in the Winegard instructions. Plug the little 3' coax from the power inserter into the SECOND SAT IN coax fitting on the back of the receiver !!!!!!!! NOT the one out on the end that says SWM-1. That one is used in the house, and now I've labeled them "house / RV".
5. Go thru the setup proceedures just like the Winegard book says.
6. TWO BEERS later you will have TV.
I'M A HAPPY CAMPER 'CAUSE THE WIFFIE HAS TV.
Mike in Colorado