Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2022, 07:18 PM   #1

Winegard No Answer Phone

Has winegard gone out of business? They don’t answer phone. I was on hold two hours they never answered. I tried everyday for 5 straight days.

Heard they are having serious financial trouble, sure hope not. RV Dealer confirmed they can’t activate new receivers.
Jlfulcherjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2022, 11:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlfulcherjr View Post
Has winegard gone out of business? They don’t answer phone. I was on hold two hours they never answered. I tried everyday for 5 straight days.

Heard they are having serious financial trouble, sure hope not. RV Dealer confirmed they can’t activate new receivers.

They are there but it does take a long time for them to answer, I have been calling also because of a problem that I was having. I'm not sure if I can help but if you ask the question, I might be able to answer.

I had to learn myself on how to work it also, I didn't have to activate anything I just turn it on and put in 10.11.12.1 and it will take you to the site were you can change the password and the ssid. I will be glad to see if I can help.

BTW: Welcome to the forum.
KingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:55 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Winegard is still in business, but they are one of the most unresponsive, non customer oriented companies around. I have their dish on my roof, but never anything else.
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #4

Yea, I would agree, when I call last week, their CS wasn't all that nice it was almost they were saying why call they want to hurry up and get you off the phone, they are quickly referring you to the how-to section but I didn't care for that, so I had to try to figure it out and talk to people on the rv forums.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:02 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKid View Post
...... I'm not sure if I can help but if you ask the question, I might be able to answer.

I had to learn myself on how to work it also, I didn't have to activate anything I just turn it on and put in 10.11.12.1 and it will take you to the site were you can change the password and the ssid. I will be glad to see if I can help.
I'm not the OP... But I have a few questions...

When we got our RV we first only went out for maybe 4-6 days and the Winegard wasn't really used / needed as we went to enjoy the outdoors & sights! This summer we did our first 30+ day trip (5000+ miles) and I started to look into a few of the "extras" onboard... One being the Winegard... Most of the time we've always been able to use our cell as a "hot spot" if we needed, but it would be nice to use the Winegard too.

We are the second owner of our RV. The first owners didn't have her for very long, so I'm not sure if they even used that system... We didn't get much Winegard documentation in the manuals we received. Is there a "factory set / default" password? When you say to turn it on and put in 10.11.12.1 - is that the default password??

Or how do you change the password & ssid (need to be connected with a computer or can do with a smartphone)???

Thanks
JKC2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKC2020 View Post
I'm not the OP... But I have a few questions...

When we got our RV we first only went out for maybe 4-6 days and the Winegard wasn't really used / needed as we went to enjoy the outdoors & sights! This summer we did our first 30+ day trip (5000+ miles) and I started to look into a few of the "extras" onboard... One being the Winegard... Most of the time we've always been able to use our cell as a "hot spot" if we needed, but it would be nice to use the Winegard too.

We are the second owner of our RV. The first owners didn't have her for very long, so I'm not sure if they even used that system... We didn't get much Winegard documentation in the manuals we received. Is there a "factory set / default" password? When you say to turn it on and put in 10.11.12.1 - is that the default password??

Or how do you change the password & ssid (need to be connected with a computer or can do with a smartphone)???

Thanks

You pretty much need the book or the manual for the password that you will need once you get to their home page.

Turn on the Winegard and it should be somewhere in your coach, then once you turn it on go to your ipad or Android devise and use your browsers which should be Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome.

I use my Android Table for this, once you get to your browsers then type into the browsers address box 10.11.12.1 and there is should pop up the Admin Login Screen.

Login into that Screen, the default Username is going to be "admin" and the Password will be the Password that is on the front of the manual and if you don't have that manual you will need to go up on the top of your coach and remove that clear plastic plate that is over the "SIM" card, get it, and write it down.

Now you can put the Winegard Password in and once you do that you will be able to Login to there Login Screen.

From there it will let you go to "Wi-Fi Only and you can select 4G/LTE Only.

To use the Wi-Fi Only button, click select at the bottom of that, it will scan all of the internet that it at the campground or a Wi-Fi Hot Spot.

Once you decide which one you want to use make sure that the strength signal is 50% or more, the more the better.

That will let you connect to the campsite wi-fi throught your Winegard once you do that you are good to go.

NOTE

Before you start using their site or any site you want to change their password to something else, to a more secure password.

How you do that is in that same login page you will see down at the bottom "NAVIGATE TO PAGE" click on it and you will see a few other menus that pop up, click on the "LOCAL NETWORK SETTING" that will take you where you will see the winegard "SSID AND PASSWORD".

There replace what they have with your ssid and password and click select.

Now at that time it will buffet for a few minutes so let it do it scanning, it will unusually take about 2 to 3 minutes. You will see a massage on the screen, I forget what it exactly said but you will have to logout and back in with your new ssid and password.

And that will get you to use the campsite internet through your Winegard which now is more secure.

To use the 4G/LTE Only you will need a sim card for that, I went to Verizon and a sim card, the sim card is different than the one that you put in your phone, the sim card, if you go to Verizon, T-Moble or ATT&T sim card just let them know and they should know.

You have to get there data plan and install it into that slot in the bottom of the Winegard, were the password up top of your coach, TT, fiver.

Hope you can understand my written some time I get twisted but let me know I will walk you through it.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:40 PM   #7

Correction: Once you get to the Winegard Login Screen where it said username is "admin" well the password also under that is also "admin" but at one point you have to put in the password on the manual or if you go on top.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:35 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the information...

When I'm back at the RV I'll try and see if I can get things setup with your guidance! If I get "stuck" I'll let you know how far I got...

Will post my results
JKC2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:46 PM   #9

Yes sir, do that and please let me know what other questions you have.

Tags
phone, winegard