Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #1

Winegard RoadtripT4 in motion dome problem

We have a 2017 Newmar Baystar that we bought used. It came equipped with the in-motion Roadtrip T4 on top. It was setup for Direct and I changed the switches to Dish. Now the problem. I’m on the road in Iowa and want to watch MLB playoff games so I subscribed to the limited channel program that included Fox, FS1, ESPN and TBS. The problem is those specific channels are missing. Called Dish and worked with 4 techs doing all the reset solutions but to no avail. I can pull in 110, 119 and 129, but am missing a whole bunch of channels. They finally told me I need to call an independent rv tech. Well, I found out they charge $125/hr and most likely he said it may take 2 hrs and may end up selling me a Roadtrip antennae. The previous owner had no problem getting all satellites and channels with Direct, but Dish offers a better rv deal.
Any ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2020, 03:00 PM   #2

Have you ever had this antenna working correctly and receiving all the channels?
Old 10-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Have you ever had this antenna working correctly and receiving all the channels?

The original owner had the antenna switched for his Direct TV and got all the channels.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #4

I didn't ask that, have YOU ever had the antenna working and receiving all the channels with DISH network? Or is this the first time YOU are trying to get it to work? What model receiver are you trying to use, and has it been updated to the latest firmware?
Old 10-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #5

This is the first time that I have used this antenna. It is a model RT2035T. I have not attempted to update any firmware on it.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:07 PM   #6

The antenna can only “see” one satellite at a time. Are you sure the antenna is pointing to the correct satellite for the channels you want to watch.
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #7

If you are using a Wally receiver try this:

Remove the coax from the "SAT IN" connection on the Wally

Running Check Switch
The Diagnostics screen allows you to test your installation using a Check Switch test, the results of which are often
helpful when you call the DISH Customer Service Center.
WARNING: Do not run a Check Switch test unless directed to do so by a DISH Customer Service representative,
authorized technician, or one of the troubleshooting steps in this chapter. Running the Check Switch test while your
satellite dish is having signal issues can result in incorrect satellite receiver settings and cause you to lose channels.
Double-press (the home symbol)

Select Settings, then Diagnostics.
On the Diagnostics screen that displays, select Dish from the list on the left.
On the right, select Test Installation. A popup displays your Check Switch Status.
When finished, you can use the information on the screen to diagnose your satellite signal. The bar at the bottom
of the screen indicates the signal strength as follows:
• Green – A good signal
• Yellow – A marginal signal
• Red – A weak, unacceptable signal that may be from the wrong satellite transponder or orbital location

Run the "Check Switch" till it says it cannot find any satellites, select yes to save.

Reconnect the coax to the "SAT IN" connection on the Wally and turn the receiver on and the antenna on and let the Wally reload it's settings.

You should now have all three sats marked "green" with a SW?? switch installed.

Now check your channels.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Hi JV2LY,

The info lllkrob posted is on the right track, but there are some nuances for how to get SW64 installed on your Wally with the RoadTrip T4.

Please refer to the following link, it's a extended set of instructions I wrote a few years ago that goes more in-depth on what the procedure to help get you everything up and running: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/prob...ml#post4270326

A few things to note - if you are using multiple receivers, you must complete this procedure one at a time, with each receiver hooked up to the primary coax from the T4. The base ports are labeled - typically the coax that goes to the front of your RV will be primary, but if you are having issues getting SW64 to install, it may be worth verifying this.

Hopefully this helps - our technicians are always available for help as well by calling 800-788-4417 or emailing help@winegard.com. Alternatively, please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message as well.

Best of luck!
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem