Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Winegard Togo Roadlink C2 AT&T won't connect to 4G

My Togo Roadlink C2 won't connect to 4G LTE. The "error" says Not Connected to Togo Roadlink AT&T. My 4G Signal Strength is 55% (3G+) per the 4G LTE button on the Winegard app.

I have rebooted a few times and have tried at several locations. When I choose buy data, The Unlimited data plan is listed with 10-days used and 0MB of data used.

AT&T support is all but useless and I have almost 4-hours into them. Winegard support says it is an AT&T problem.

FYI: The WiFi is working as expected. Only the 4G source is the issue. Any ideas are appreciated.

-Tim
TrueSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #2

The only thing I can think of is to check the LED light to see what it is trying to tell you or reset it.

I had an issue with mine recently. We were deep in the mountains with no cellular data. The campground had wifi. When we left for the next stop I didn't think to switch back to cellular before leaving the campground. When we got back to civilization I tried to switch it, but it wouldn't work.

I performed the reset option 2. The reset just sets everything back to defaults. I was back up running right after the reset.

There are two options in the manual. I used option 2.

1. Inside the SIM Card/LED cover plate there is a reset button on the left-hand side. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. This will restore the unit to the original factory settings. Then you may log in using the factory SSID and password located on the front of this manual or inside the cover plate.

2. If you are unable to gain access to the outside antenna you can also do a power cycle to get the unit back to the factory defaults. If you are unable to gain access to the outside antenna, you may perform a power cycle from the power switch. In order to do this, start with the power switch in the off position. You will need to turn the switch on, wait 90 seconds and then turn off. Repeat 3 consecutive times. On the next power-on, the system will begin a reset.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I am going to try this when I next have service which should be tomorrow. What % of 4G do you normally need for AT&T to connect?
Old 11-24-2019, 05:57 AM   #4

I don’t really know on the percentage. I haven’t really been monitoring it.

When you do reset, you will need the default password that came with the paperwork. I stuck the sticker inside one of my cabinets just so I would never have to search for it.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #5

I have been using the TOGO now for several months as we have traveled from the central US, UP Michigan and now to central Florida. We have been out of ATT coverage only a few times and for the most part had excellent service. With that said, while in southern Georgia just yesterday, I noticed that I did not have an ATT connection even though the TOGO indicated a signal strength to ATT as "66%". This is not unusual as I have found that the signal strength does not have much relevance it seems like. I rebooted and then it picked up a 4G signal and I was able to access data but at an extremely slow rate. I have found a large variation in speeds available on the ATT towers during our travels with only a couple of times where the speeds were so slow. Generally, however, speeds and connectivity have been excellent. My suggestion, you may just be in a very poor location for the TOGO to operate well and before you pull too much hair out, try it in a significantly different location and see what happens. For us and our traveling, the TOGO has been remarkable.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Brad2018 - I did a Factory Reset from the Winegard app using Settings : Advanced Setting : Factory Reset all Settings. After a fresh setup, no change. It was a great idea.

Solo2 - I have tried in Bend Oregon, Eureka CA, Paso Robels CA, Barstow CA, Death Valley CA.

I am starting to think I have a defective unit as I can't find anyone else with this issue.
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ditto for us...TOGO has worked just fine for months and around 15kmiles.

It's on constantly now in my driveway (I keep the MH powered all winter), MH is under it's cover for the winter. I have really bad signal at home, but it still connects fine and gets around 5meg up/2 meg down.

Have lost and recovered ATT signals with no issues.

So far, have not had to do a factory reset.

Might be that you have a booger'd unit...that sucks

Ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:20 PM   #8

I would think that signal strength of 55% would still be sufficient for it to connect. When you click "internet source" can you select "no internet." It will shut off the 4G and wifi. Then go into it again and choose 4G. It does take a few minutes for it to connect, but mine connects with no issues. After selecting 4G I have to swipe downward in the app for it to refresh.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #9

Guys curious if the function in the setting allows a person to select bands. I know on my mofi router the bands have a greater impact on speed than signal strength.

Just curious.....
Old 11-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyland View Post
Guys curious if the function in the setting allows a person to select bands. I know on my mofi router the bands have a greater impact on speed than signal strength.

Just curious.....
Unfortunately, they offer very little control from the app. It's simply, no connection, 4G, or WiFi. You can change passwords, IP address and run a speed test. Not much else. A lot of us have tried to gain admin access, but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting in.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:50 AM   #11

I did wonder disappointing really.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:05 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I talked to both Togo and Winegard tech support when I first got the device.

The guy at Winegard said only one guy new the password and it was secured behind double super secret firewalls...I took that to mean, no you can't get the password, and tech support is tired of answering the question so they make up stupid answers.

The gal at Togo referred me to Winegard, that was like talking to a mirror.

Between the two of them, sure seems they want full control over the device and data (including the GPS, which does a phone home every few mins). I would assume it was a design decision to limit the support and gather data behind the scene for marketing.

The Winegard dude did say that there would updates to the app, no timeline though.

I would really like to be able to see and disconnect 'connected' devices or at a minimum be able to 'hide' the SSID. That would be a start.

As a CTO in healthcare, not being able to change the default security bugs the heck out of me. So much so, that I've put a second network with a firewall between the device and my stuff; probably a good idea for connectivity on the road anyway.

There is another thread (http://www.irv2.com/forums/newreply....te=1&p=5054573), several network guys played around trying to figure out what Winegard did on the router. They got pretty far, but nobody cracked the password, yet...that will be the day I'd worry a bit more about the devices security...ie. the reason it would be good to be able to change it.

Despite the current shortcomings on the tech side, with a few software tweaks that could be minimized. I do love the simplicity and that fact that it just works!

Ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:46 AM   #13

I completely agree, I also work in technology all the way back to the mainframe days not having any access to these things has help me back from purchasing this unit.

But at a min i would want to control the bands as traveling this has been as important as anything with ATT service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
I talked to both Togo and Winegard tech support when I first got the device.

The guy at Winegard said only one guy new the password and it was secured behind double super secret firewalls...I took that to mean, no you can't get the password, and tech support is tired of answering the question so they make up stupid answers.

The gal at Togo referred me to Winegard, that was like talking to a mirror.

Between the two of them, sure seems they want full control over the device and data (including the GPS, which does a phone home every few mins). I would assume it was a design decision to limit the support and gather data behind the scene for marketing.

The Winegard dude did say that there would updates to the app, no timeline though.

I would really like to be able to see and disconnect 'connected' devices or at a minimum be able to 'hide' the SSID. That would be a start.

As a CTO in healthcare, not being able to change the default security bugs the heck out of me. So much so, that I've put a second network with a firewall between the device and my stuff; probably a good idea for connectivity on the road anyway.

There is another thread (http://www.irv2.com/forums/newreply....te=1&p=5054573), several network guys played around trying to figure out what Winegard did on the router. They got pretty far, but nobody cracked the password, yet...that will be the day I'd worry a bit more about the devices security...ie. the reason it would be good to be able to change it.

Despite the current shortcomings on the tech side, with a few software tweaks that could be minimized. I do love the simplicity and that fact that it just works!

Ron
Old 11-29-2019, 01:44 PM   #14

Howdy!

Has anyone tried taking the sims card out and using it in another router to see if it works? I already have a Pepwave router but would like the AT&T unlimited account offered.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote