Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2021, 07:01 PM   #1

Winegard Traveler

Well, I finally did it after 5 years of putting it up and down 5 times every month. Forgot to put my dish down. Bent one side of the reflector in half. It powered down ok and i hope all i have to replace is the reflector. One company has it for $26.00. Now the good part $86.00 shipping. Has to be a mistake. They have it at 130lbs. I know thats wrong. I'll call tomorrow. Any ideas on places to buy will be appreciated.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2021, 07:25 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Check out Solid Signal.

They sell both DirectTV and Dish reflectors, the Traveler just uses the standard HD reflectors, and they ship UPS ground so it should get your shipping down to reasonable levels.

Hopefully your LNB feed arm, LNB arm end bumper, and LNB feed arm pivot mount all survivied without damage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:57 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
Check out Solid Signal.

They sell both DirectTV and Dish reflectors, the Traveler just uses the standard HD reflectors......
I don't think that is correct, but I could be wrong since it has been a few years and I'm a geezer. I had to replace mine and I had a spare reflector that would not fit. I had to get it from Winegard as I recall. Might check with Winegard.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
You might check Ebay. There are several on there with free shipping but you didn't specify if yours is Dish or DirecTV.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:10 AM   #5

Happens to everyone sooner or later, shouldn't be an expensive or difficult repair, assuming no damage to the LNB arm and pivot bits.

The dish is fairly rigid and if it bent while doing no other damage then that's a testimony to the toughness of the Trav'ler.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel