Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #1

Wireless Camera with AV output signal

I have replaced the radio in my truck with a JVC KW-6600BT system.

This radio has a display screen that can be used for navigation, back up camera display, etc.

It has an AV Input that uses an 1/8" minjack.

I would like to use this feature of the radio for a rear camera mounted on the back of the trailer.

I am looking for a 12vdc wireless camera that uses a transmitter/receiver with the receiver output being matching the AV input requirements of the radio.

Does anyone know of a camera system setup in this manner?

You can view the AV pin out for the radio at this link:

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showp...hp?photo=37973

Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2022, 01:02 PM   #2

I would think you could just use any suitable composite backup camera along with a suitable composite video transmitter/receiver, maybe like this one (I have no idea if that thing is any good. probably far better ones out there -- just an example... maybe this one would work better?), and then an AV cable like this one to connect to the radio, using only the video (yellow) portion:
https://www.amazon.com/Video-Compone.../dp/B08B84KCR2

(Most 3xRCA to 3.5mm cables you find should work, you just may find the video input ends up being a different color than yellow.)
whybother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:02 AM   #3

Thanks!!
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:59 AM   #4

Make sure that the camera you purchase can do a mirror image and has a composite video out.
Tom_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera