Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #1

Wireless to wireless device

We are living in an RV park that supplies wireless internet. That works fine for my computer and tablet. I have a printer that is also wireless that I am not able to get working. Is there a device I can buy that will use the RV park wireless internet as it's source that I can set up to encrypt wireless to my PC, tablet and wireless printer? I would like it to work like my home network did but it used a cable modem and an Ethernet cable to my router/access point.
Don_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #2

You might want to check out the thread below on setting up a wireless network for
$100 or less. I just did and it works great. Used my own router that I already had instead of the gateway

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/perso...al-229340.html
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
You might want to check out the thread below on setting up a wireless network for
$100 or less. I just did and it works great. Used my own router that I already had instead of the gateway

OOPS! I missed that one. I will watch the video later but it sure looks like my answer. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post

Same setup here. Works great!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:15 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Is your printer blutooth capable? If so then skip the router business. Does it have an ethernet port or a USB port? Then purchase a dongle to use on the printer. Otherwise a TPLink router can be had for <$20.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #6

I use a Netgear PR2000. It's $37 on Amazon.

The PR2000 creates a secure Wi-Fi hotspot for all your devices. Our two laptops, TV, Kindle, Dish receiver, and printer all connect to the PR2000. You connect the PR2000 to whatever Wi-Fi network is available.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
I second the Netgear PR2000. I have one that I use in the camper and for business travel.
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_T View Post
We are living in an RV park that supplies wireless internet. That works fine for my computer and tablet. I have a printer that is also wireless that I am not able to get working. Is there a device I can buy that will use the RV park wireless internet as it's source that I can set up to encrypt wireless to my PC, tablet and wireless printer? I would like it to work like my home network did but it used a cable modem and an Ethernet cable to my router/access point.

Don_T there are a bunch of ways to do it. Look in this forum over the last month and you will see them. The one he quoted you is one of the best but there are other options. I know that wireless ranger is good. It is pricy but it has some options that no one else has. It allows you to blend the park wifi with a cell phone wifi. I personally use a system like the video you have already been directed to. I use a different brand of equipment but the same idea. Look for some of my posts on this subject and you can see how I did mine.

The other thing is how long are you at one park. We are at a park now and will be for several months. The park has cable TV. I went to the cable provider which is cox and got a non subscription cable internet plan. I just hooked up to the park cable and hooked up the cable modem with wireless router to that.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #9

Thanks everyone. I have ordered the Netgear PR2000 from Amazon. It looks as though it will do everything I need.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
that should work and cheap also. Looks like a good choice
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote