Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #1

Talking 2 zone thermostat problem

I have a '03 discovery with 2 ac units.Last year we were in Mesa Az and I switched on the ac's,they came on, after awhile they cycled a time or two,then turned off.As it got warmer,I went to lower the setting,the display showed 00 and I couldn't get it to change, so I fiddled with it awhile, and switched it off.Sometime later,I looked at it again and it showed the temperature,so I switched it to cool and the same thing happened.I bought a new thermo($275)installed it and the same thing happened.Can someone help me figure this thing out?I'd like to hit the road but not without dependable air.The thermostat is a rvcomfort.zc rvp part#8330b331 thanks (I'm going to try to leave a toy description)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #2

Didn't do the description right,I'll try again
Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Take the fuse out of the T'stat for about 15 minutes. and then retry by replacing fuse and trying to set the mode of operation. Let us know what happens.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #4

I pulled that fuse many times,it would give me the temp and then go back to the 00 display,sometimes it would give the temps long enough to get the air on,it would run awhile cycle a few then 00.Larry Rosalin Peepers(shitsu)03Discovery pulling 07Sierra/boat&trailer in the bed
Old 07-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
It definitely sounds like a bad T'stat but you can double check the low volt wiring at the roof air conditioner. If you find that you have a good 12 volt source to the T'stat I would contact the company you bought it from and request a new one as the one you have is defective and must be replaced. By the way, I am waiting on one I ordered for a customer also.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #6

The bag it came in had been opened and it came with a 'no return' thing on the sales slip.If I was sure that would fix it ,I would buy another.In my research,one guy said it could be the "control box",another guy said it had to be the t'stat with 2 dots of paint on a square,brown,component under the cover on the left side???? Tell me what you think RV Wizard,It's getting hot,i'm getting desperate.thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you have a friendly neighbor that might have the same T'stat, you could ask him if you could try his on your system. Then, order a new one when his corrects the problem. I don't think it will be in the control board, based on the symptoms you have given us, but one thing I have found in this industry; anything is possible.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #8

Mike-I got to the control box,unplugged and re-plugged some wires(including the t'stat)and for now,it's working,no 00's.I'll keep my fingers crossed and many thanks for your helps,everybody,it's great to have this resource(irv2 forum's)
Old 08-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #9

This sounds like a very similiar problem to what we currently have. The control unit inside the coach goes blank. It shows the zone numbers at the bottom but the rest just goes blank. It's happened 3 times now and it has corrected itself twice but we are at a loss this time. If you turn the unit off and then turn it back on again the numbers will flash up and after about 1 minute they will dissappear. You can cycle the display between AC and Fan only but it won't let you get to the Heat Pump or Furnace settings.
We had about 3 days of solid rain the first time it went out and we though maybe the connection got wet. This last time it was 25 degree celcius when it went out on us.

Any suggestions on this one.
Dave&Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Dave and Kate, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. I would suggest that you do the same as Larry has done on his. Let us know what you find and we can try to help you out.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #11

Been gone about a month and a half on a 9 state trip seeing friends and relatives,had a great time,but here's what I learned about our 2 zone stat and it's hard to believe.I went to re-set the temperature and could barely see the display so I reached up and turned on the florescent light and 2 o's came on the display.Disgusted,I turned the light off and the temp returned!Not being able to see very well,I turned the light back on and whatta ya know,2 o's again!Every time I turned on the light,the same thing happened.I left the light on for awhile and the reefer unit started going on and off,crazy,huh?I also found my zone 1 compresser won't come on with a 30 amp hookup.Now,when I need to re-set the stat,I turn on the bulb light over the sink.It would all be funny if I hadn't spent so much time and money trying to fix it.Fleetwood oughta send me some money for pain and suffering and being their troubleshoot tech.Oh well,thats the way it goes.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsord View Post
Been gone about a month and a half on a 9 state trip seeing friends and relatives,had a great time,but here's what I learned about our 2 zone stat and it's hard to believe.I went to re-set the temperature and could barely see the display so I reached up and turned on the florescent light and 2 o's came on the display.Disgusted,I turned the light off and the temp returned!Not being able to see very well,I turned the light back on and whatta ya know,2 o's again!Every time I turned on the light,the same thing happened.I left the light on for awhile and the reefer unit started going on and off,crazy,huh?I also found my zone 1 compresser won't come on with a 30 amp hookup.Now,when I need to re-set the stat,I turn on the bulb light over the sink.It would all be funny if I hadn't spent so much time and money trying to fix it.Fleetwood oughta send me some money for pain and suffering and being their troubleshoot tech.Oh well,thats the way it goes.
Sounds like the light and controller/thermostat share a 12 vdc circuit. There may may be a bad connection somewhere in the circuit or possibly the ballast on the florescent light may be interfering with it.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #13

Thumbs up

I read a post somewhere about ballast affecting thermostats but I never made the connection until this happened.I hope this helps someone else who might have the same problem.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You definitely have a bad ballast in the light fixture. It is back feeding harmonic frequencies into the 12 volt circuits and many electronic control boards go nuts over this. Fix the light and you will not have a problem. Good luck and keep us posted.

Tags
larry&rosalin&peepers