Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2023, 07:22 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2015 Dutch star 4369 AC replacement….. and HWH Pressure switch

Good morning,
Need 3 things fixed on my DS and decided to do them myself.
Replacing the middle ac. No heat no cold just outside air.
Ordered part today along with gasket.

Preassure switch on leveling system, order part today

I am pretty mechanical, but wanted to check here to see if there are any tricky spots with the 2 replacements above, or f you have done either please share your Aahha moments….

After these are done still need to find a leak on another jack, piston is dry, but fluid builds on on the pad ????
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2023, 09:33 AM   #2
Commercial Member

which pressure switch?

if you have fluid on your jack foot. first clean the cylinder and let it sit for a day.
go out and check to see if the fluid is coming from the top or the bottom of the jack. top of the jack indicates either a bad seal at the jack down sensor, or a leaking hose.
bottom of the jack? check the plug or sensor on the side of the jack. next check the shaft. if its from the shaft seal, the jack must be rebuilt. you can get a rga number from hwh to send it in to be repaired, but it takes several weeks to get it back. you can probably find as reman or new one on the internet.
either way, its fixable, just depends on whether you need it right away or not.
please call me if you need help. 602 549 3638
if i do not answer, please leave a message, i dont return calls to hangups.

paul maddox
i do not solicit part sales on this forum. i do not do service work anymore, except by assignment by hwh corp.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:47 AM   #3

For the A/C, just remove the top cover and you’ll find 4 bolts that secure it to the roof. From there, the wiring was plug and play. Hardest part was getting the unit up to the roof.

Did you order the special “L” gasket from Newmar. They are the only ones who sell it.
P/N 52715?????
Old 03-30-2023, 06:07 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback I will follow the steps on the jack once I get the RV back tomorrow and will let you know

Thanks for the Feedback on the AC ordered the gasket as well with the unit
Old 03-31-2023, 09:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
For the A/C, just remove the top cover and you’ll find 4 bolts that secure it to the roof. From there, the wiring was plug and play. Hardest part was getting the unit up to the roof.

Did you order the special “L” gasket from Newmar. They are the only ones who sell it.
P/N 52715?????
Aren't the bolts inserted from under the unit, you remove the ceiling unit to access them.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 06:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Aren't the bolts inserted from under the unit, you remove the ceiling unit to access them.

No. The Newmar ductwork will use Penguin II A/C units and use 4 lag bolts from the top down.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
No. The Newmar ductwork will use Penguin II A/C units and use 4 lag bolts from the top down.
Thanks; this is another day I learned something new on irv2.com.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 03:58 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ok, AC is installed we looked like Abott and Castillo getting it up there.
I was up the 12 foot A frame first, had my wife on a pulley hooked to the back of the unit, son followed me up the ladder, rested it on the top of the ladder, I got on the roof and then slid it over, no paint damage or dings in the RV.
Installed the L seal, hooked up the com lines incorrectly first, fixed that, installed lag bolts. Squared them down tight, and replaced the top.
The only dip switch setting that needed to be changed was the zone2 dip switch, the rest were set

Heat works, letting it sit about an hour to make sure all fluids are were they need to be before I try the AC.

Thanks for everyones help with the 2 projects today

Tags
ace, dutch star, hwh, replace, replacement, switch