RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #29

Magumba-While browsing the archives I found a contribution by a member that proved that raising the temperature setting made the 1200 series run WARMER and that "4" seemed to run the coolest. He had multiple fans exhausting the waste heat.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
My amish cooling unit was not keeping the refrigerator compartment cold enough on LP. Yesterday I checked LP pressure and found it at 10" WC. After adjusting the regulator to 11 with 3 appliances running, flame is hotter now and frige seems to be doing much better. Today it was 102 going through Kenewick WA and I was able to keep it below 39 on a setting of 6. I intend to reinstall the new burner tube and orifice I took out because the flame was popping. I noticed the new tube has 4 air holes vs 3 in the old one. I verified the p/n again so wonder if Norcold has made a change to the tube and orifice size to give a hotter flame, but now very sensitive to enough gas pressure. Will report results of that.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #31
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcb View Post
My amish cooling unit was not keeping the refrigerator compartment cold enough on LP. Yesterday I checked LP pressure and found it at 10" WC. After adjusting the regulator to 11 with 3 appliances running, flame is hotter now and frige seems to be doing much better. Today it was 102 going through Kenewick WA and I was able to keep it below 39 on a setting of 6. I intend to reinstall the new burner tube and orifice I took out because the flame was popping. I noticed the new tube has 4 air holes vs 3 in the old one. I verified the p/n again so wonder if Norcold has made a change to the tube and orifice size to give a hotter flame, but now very sensitive to enough gas pressure. Will report results of that.

Did you clean the orifice? My Norcold was not cooling on LPG and that was the problem. I removed the orifice tube, soaked it in alcohol for a couple of hours, then blew it out with an air hose. You wouldn't believe the crud that came out of that thing! It made a HUGE difference!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
Magumba-While browsing the archives I found a contribution by a member that proved that raising the temperature setting made the 1200 series run WARMER and that "4" seemed to run the coolest. He had multiple fans exhausting the waste heat.
Thanks for your feedback. The refrigerator is working better now, perhaps it was in defrost mode on a hot day and it could not get caught up.
We've now moved to a site with shade, yeah, plus it's cooler. I'm running on 4 now and it's 42į. I've also found that a higher number does not always lower the fresh food area temperature past a certain point.
We like having the extra food storage room over a small refrigerator but the 1200 had been a bear to keep running. Three cooling unit failures in five years. Right now a change to a residential unit is not in the cards.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Yes I did clean the old orifice and it helped. Turning up the LP pressure to 11 helped too. Waiting to see if the higher LP pressure will stop the popping with the new orifice and 4 air hole burner tube.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:54 AM   #34

Anyway someone can show a picture of where the orifice tube is located or a picture of one in general?

Tags
norcold