Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Aqua Hot fuel pressure issues

I'm having my Aqua Hot 450DE serviced by a factor authorized service rep. Seems to be a very knowledgeable tech. After changing filter and nozzle he started having fuel supply issues. Installed new fuel pump but is now having fluctuating fuel pressure issues. He thinks I must have damaged fuel lines. System was working prior but did have a bit of excessive odor at times.
Is it possible he damaged a line when pinching off lines with vise grips to change filter?
Anyone else have this happen to them?
kcpchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I don't have and don't know anything about AquaHot so can advise you on this! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

I would say yes since it worked fine before it was serviced. How old is your unit?
im thinking a 450 can’t be so old that it would need a fuel pump and besides they can be rebuilt.
If the rubber fuel line is breaking down inside there is nothing to filter the fuel except the nozzle.
Probably have to replace lines no matter what caused the problem.
Good luck
Pointrow
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
It is possible that if used a vice grips on rubber lines there could be a line problem.

I am however thinking it might just be air that will work it's way out.

Changed my setup to valves instead of vice gripes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HydroHot Filter.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	195237  
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman52 View Post
It is possible that if used a vice grips on rubber lines there could be a line problem.

I am however thinking it might just be air that will work it's way out.

Changed my setup to valves instead of vice gripes.

That’s a good idea only I’ll put the one valve down by the burner.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
On my older unit, my fuel filter includes a clear plastic bowl with a drain plug at the bottom. The first time I changed the filter I overtightened the drain plug and cracked the plastic around it. When the AH tried to run, I could see a stream of bubbles coming up through the fuel. Replaced the bowl and problem went away.
NINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Having a similar issue with mine currently. Replaced motor this winter due to the brushes going out of old one, went ahead and did normal service since it was apart (new nozzle, filter etc), and lubed the bearings on the blower and adjusted it's height.
It is running very quiet now, but it's had a flutter to the burn ever since, causing re-ignition circuit to click over quite a bit. I had to adjust the airflow almost to the lowest position to get it to burn smooth. I don't want to wear out those relays in the silver controller lol

I'm thinking it's s fuel flow issue. The fuel pump is only a year old, new filter and nozzle. Has to be either the rubber lines getting old, or the solenoid valve gunked up maybe? Am waiting for another nice day to pull it all apart again.

Unit is as old as my coach, 13 years, with 5000 hours on the hobbs.

If it's a line issue I could see the rubber bits maybe clogging the filter medium on the nozzle, or possibly getting stuck in the solenoid valve seat.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
replaced fuel line - system working

The tech suspected a fuel line issue was causing this as he could see specs of black in the screen that is a part of the fuel pump assembly. He replaced the line from the fuel filter to the burner that crosses over the top of the Aqua Hot system and after extensive bleeding of the air in the system it's working again. That line showed definite deterioration on the outside. When I get back from this trip and to my shop I plan to cut the line apart so as to closely inspect the inside of the line. I suspect I may be changing the line from the fuel tank to the filter inlet out of an abundance of caution but that will be much more involved than the line we just changed. Right now the system is working and changing the main supply line may involve dropping the fuel tank.
kcpchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpchuck View Post
The tech suspected a fuel line issue was causing this as he could see specs of black in the screen that is a part of the fuel pump assembly. He replaced the line from the fuel filter to the burner that crosses over the top of the Aqua Hot system and after extensive bleeding of the air in the system it's working again. That line showed definite deterioration on the outside. When I get back from this trip and to my shop I plan to cut the line apart so as to closely inspect the inside of the line. I suspect I may be changing the line from the fuel tank to the filter inlet out of an abundance of caution but that will be much more involved than the line we just changed. Right now the system is working and changing the main supply line may involve dropping the fuel tank.
Thank you for the follow up. Gives me a better idea what to inspect when I get it apart again.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #10

I bought my rig Feb 2017 and had my annual service performed on my Aqua Hot in Oct 2017. My factory trained tech pinched off the fuel lines with vice grips too. Must be taught by Agua Hot to do that. The next month all three pumps went bad and I had to replace them at the tune of $975. Ouch.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I bought my rig Feb 2017 and had my annual service performed on my Aqua Hot in Oct 2017. My factory trained tech pinched off the fuel lines with vice grips too. Must be taught by Agua Hot to do that. The next month all three pumps went bad and I had to replace them at the tune of $975. Ouch.
While I agree there are proper tools (plastic pinch off pliers) to pinch off fuel lines when doing Aquahot service instead of vice grips I do not think that had anything to do with your circulation pumps going bad. That part can be attributed to the piece of crap China made GRI 105 and 108 series of pumps used back in 2013 to 2016 (or there about) by Aquahot. Hopefully you now have the Beuhler C20 pumps which are a much better quality.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Just wanted to follow up in case others had similar issues.

I replaced all my fuel hose and relocated the filter from the fuel tank bay to the A/H bay.

When pulling the old fuel hose I found one of the factory zip ties had kinked the hose around a 90 degree bend. It has likely been kinked since the coach was built and after aging out got worse, starving the fuel flow.

I'm back to good flow and proper burn again with the new line.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Jeremy,

Thanks for posting the solution to your fuel issue.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel