Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Are my Positive Terminals hooked up right to the 250amp fuse

Was going to unhook and clean all my battery connections and noticed on the 250 amp fuse, there are positive cables on both sides of the fuse.

I am thinking that on one side of the fuse should only be the positive cable from the battery and on the other side should be all the other positive cables going to the RV accessories.

I am thinking that the positive cables that are connected to the cable going to the battery is not protected by the fuse.

Am I correct on this? do I need to change it?

It has been this way since I bought the RV a few months ago.

Also youll notice the battery temp probe tied up from the converter, what is the best way to attach it to the battery?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	House Batteries.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	135693   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160811_173235.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	135694  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #2

Look along the unfused cables. You may find them going to smaller capacity fuses.

The 250 amp fuse may be for the inverter. They use the fuse block as a juntion point.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Look along the unfused cables. You may find them going to smaller capacity fuses.

The 250 amp fuse may be for the inverter. They use the fuse block as a juntion point.
Thanks Twin Boat, you are correct the other cables that I thought were hooked up wrong go into the adjacent bay and connect to other circuit breakers etc....

guess I should look before I post

Any recommendation on the battery temp switch, thinking I could just put a drop of super glue on it and place in between the batteries on one of the batteries
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160811_195156[1].jpg
Views:	81
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	135701  
Old 08-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
However, get all those cables under the nuts. You've got an awful lot of electrical potential going through a steel nut. Put them all together with the fuse.
TechDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDR View Post
However, get all those cables under the nuts. You've got an awful lot of electrical potential going through a steel nut. Put them all together with the fuse.
Oh ok, I see the new looking nut, so your saying take the "new" looking nut off and put that one cable under the "old" looking one, basically eliminating the "new" nut.

Looks like "they" put it like that because the cable would not fit, but ill take a look at it when I take it apart to clean everything.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Yes exactly. One nut only. You can do it if the battery cable comes in at 1 O'Clock and the others at 4 and 7.
TechDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #7

The fuse needs to be sized to match the wire.

Small wires should have own fuse before it goes through a hole.

Does tot matter where connected but better would be on load side of disconnect.

Tags
fuse