Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #183
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caissiel View Post
9 years with the 2100 combo would not have anything else. Maybe next one will be the 2100XC.
We have the XC model. Our first RV unit and first combo unit. Love it. Yes, clothes can come out wrinkled, but think that can be quite reduced by emptying after washing and reloading for drying. Put the setting on about 20 min dry time after washing - remove clothes and set on dry only cycle. Great unit and saves on space!
NRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #184

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprohs View Post
+1. We found out early that you don't load it too full and take the clothes out before they get too dry otherwise they wrinkle really bad. I've seen what people put in the rental machines and I would prefer not to put my clothes in those machines. I once got gum all over my clothes from a rental dryer and decided then I wouldn't use them any longer. JMHO.
x2... don't like using laundromat for this reason... last time we did the clothes had a funky smell. Our Splendide works just fine and like using it, if anyone is keeping score. But as others have said, be careful with your gray tank level before running.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #185
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We previously had a 2005 Monaco Diplomat that had room for a combo unit, such as a Splendide, but never really saw the use for such a small unit. Every post I read about the combo units dissuaded me from buying one. After 2005, most of the RV companies that offered washers and dryers began to make room for the stackable units.

We just bought a new coach and it came with a Whirpool stacked washer and dryer. As part of our shakedown trip we ran a reasonably sized load through the washer and it did a great job. Since the dryer is only 110 volts, I didn't expect a fast drying time. I was pleasantly surprised to see the clothes dry as fast as they do at home with our gas dryer.

My wife was never a fan of having a washer and dryer until we ran this first load through the other night. Now she can see the advantages of not only doing clothes on a long trip, but being able to do a couple of loads before we get home from a short trip and not have as much to wash to do after the trip.

We also tried our new drawer dishwasher. It was quiet and did about three days of breakfast and dinner dishes.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #186

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
We just bought a new coach and it came with a Whirpool stacked washer and dryer. As part of our shakedown trip we ran a reasonably sized load through the washer and it did a great job. Since the dryer is only 110 volts, I didn't expect a fast drying time. I was pleasantly surprised to see the clothes dry as fast as they do at home with our gas dryer.

My wife was never a fan of having a washer and dryer until we ran this first load through the other night. Now she can see the advantages of not only doing clothes on a long trip, but being able to do a couple of loads before we get home from a short trip and not have as much to wash to do after the trip.

We also tried our new drawer dishwasher. It was quiet and did about three days of breakfast and dinner dishes.
Love the Whirlpool equipment, and it does work very well. Just came back from 2 weeks in Key West and the only dirty clothes that we had were the ones that we were wearing on the last day of the trip home. Our next coach will have the dishwasher unless the DW really gets buggy about putting one in now.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #187

Carolina Campers
Is anyone using these, and does the price seem reasonable;

Artison 24in Stackable Washer #ARWXF129W - $879.99
Ariston Vented Dryer #TVM63XNA/AS66VXNA - $733.88

I am thinking of having them installed in my new coach at Camping World. It is expected to be ready for delivery on March 10th.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:28 AM   #188

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Is anyone using these, and does the price seem reasonable; Artison 24in Stackable Washer #ARWXF129W - $879.99 Ariston Vented Dryer #TVM63XNA/AS66VXNA - $733.88 I am thinking of having them installed in my new coach at Camping World. It is expected to be ready for delivery on March 10th.
I'd get the Whirlpool units for 2 reasons
1. Parts Availability
2. Availability of trained Service Techs who can actually service the units. There aren't many who can service Ariston or Splendide.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #189

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
I'd get the Whirlpool units for 2 reasons 1. Parts Availability 2. Availability of trained Service Techs who can actually service the units. There aren't many who can service Ariston or Splendide.
I looked at the Whirlpool site, but the only type of stackable w/d I found was the old type of apartment w/d's. I want a better set than that. The ones I saw did not have a good cycle selection and looked old style.

I'd like some model numbers and/or a link to any you may recommend.

Thanks,
Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:32 AM   #190

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ted, FWIW, we have used the stackable Whirlpool units in our coach for over two years with zero issues. They may not have all the bells and whistles but are certainly worthy.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #191

Entegra Owners Club
This has been a topic since RV W/D came out. But it's funny, they are an option on entry and mid level MH's, but come as standard equipment on upper end MH's. There has got to be a reason for that and I have never seen an upper end MH where the W/D have been removed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #192

Check out the ones they are putting on the Entegra line....not your old apartment units.
Sun City Center, FL
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Check out the ones they are putting on the Entegra line....not your old apartment units.
Whirlpool
2 cuft. Washer White - WFC7500VW
3.2 cuft compact Dryer - ldr3822pq
Sun City Center, FL