Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
had a similar issue last week. after it would start blowing cold air. I would light the stove and the flame would slowly die out. wait a little while and the stove would light with a strong flame. then turn on the furnace and would work just fine for a while. then in the middle of the night it done it again. what I figured is the regulator on the tank getting weak. replaced the regulator and worked fine for the rest of the week.
Any ideas on how to find the correct regulator? I think I will try that next.
djtentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtentman View Post
Any ideas on how to find the correct regulator? I think I will try that next.
most propane places will have the regulator, I believe its just a simple two stage. I did have more problems with it later on doing the same thing. I found two problems the vent on the outside had an old birds next in it. after that it still wasn't working right so I replaced the check valve (blowback preventer) or what ever it's called at the tank. and that fixed it. was in 20-35 degree weather for a week and had no issues with it.
hope you get yours fixed
Old 11-09-2019, 05:22 AM   #17

Thanks for the advice. I don't believe it's the blowback preventer because my second furnace works fine.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #18

I'd bet money it's cycling on the limit switch. There are minimum requirements for ducting those furnaces, and I'll bet your coach doesn't meet them. Couple that with elbows, crushed hoses, etc and you have an overtemp. I made Fleetwood add some outlets to mine, that helped a little but I still have the same problem. I'm thinking of reducing the burner orifices to reduce the BTU output down to something the ductwork can handle.

Get a thermometer and measure the outlet temps, add about 10 degrees or so, and see if that temperature isn't outside of the manufacturer's design specifications.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #19

I have a 2008 Damon Tuscany. last summer I had both roof top AC's replaced. I elected to have the tech install two manually controlled units. It didn't dawn on me until the weather got cold, that along with discarding the original AC units I also discarded the remote control that controlled the Atwood Furnace as well. Now I have no way to turn the furnace on. last week while in TN. I was forced to purchase two portable electric heaters in order to stay warm. Any suggestions as to how I can get a replacement remote, or should I install a wall thermostat?
Johnnyg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:18 AM   #20

It turns out that it was a very simple problem. At the connector on the striker wire, it was sparking to the metal frame. I taped it up and everything works fine. That was a waste of several hundred dollars.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtentman View Post
It turns out that it was a very simple problem. At the connector on the striker wire, it was sparking to the metal frame. I taped it up and everything works fine. That was a waste of several hundred dollars.
Instead of considering it a waste of several hundred dollars consider it as money paid towards an education?
WantAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, atwood, furnace