Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 01:23 PM   #43

How long should this take to process. It still says processing and no response back when I sent email.
Tbugher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 09:13 PM   #44

The Site old-bisquet put up seems to be a fraud site. Should of looked more into the site. No place to contact except email and will not return. When I go to the site it is a hair site. So on the look for a board else where.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #45

Fridge not working on LP

I haven’t read the entire thread but when we had this issue on our 2002 Bounder, one of the two leads to the emergency shutoff switch (located near the LP filler - and totally exposed to road gunk thrown up by right rear tires) had broken off the switch.
We went through everything else before considering the emerg switch. Two minutes to crimp a new spade connector to the wire and reconnect. I’ve since enclosed the switch in a sealed plastic housing.
bearair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #46

Flame

I had the same problem with my fridge Check the flame tube to see if you have a good flame, it could be sooted up or it could be the flame sensor electrode or the igniter. look at the simple stuff first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4A736D7E-9160-4BA6-A5E1-7764A681BA28.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	366649  
Old 05-26-2022, 03:18 PM   #47

What's your propane level at?
DUKE11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:33 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugher View Post
Have an Atwood fridge that was running on propane and stopped working while out fishing. The fridge will work on AC . Have propane to the value and have spark. Not sure what the problem is for sure. Can someone point me in the right direction? The problem is if it is the value domatic bought Atwood out and I can’t find the value any where. Thanks for any help at all.
All propane appliances have safety parts that won’t let the unit work. One thing is a thermocouple, it test that the flame is hot. Although you still have spark no ignition will occur. This is the first thing to check, if you have a manual it will give you the value to check with your volt ohm meter. No manual then trial and error replacement plan is second best.
ac7nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:43 PM   #49

Quote:
Have an Atwood fridge that was running on propane and stopped working while out fishing. The fridge will work on AC . Have propane to the value and have spark. Not sure what the problem is for sure. Can someone point me in the right direction? The problem is if it is the value domatic bought Atwood out and I can’t find the value any where. Thanks for any help at all.
I had the same problem last year.
Replaced main board and took care of problem. Still working this year.
Martin Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:12 PM   #50

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dometic solenoid probably work, if needed? All 12vdc, double solenoids, probably same fitting sizes? But I agree, more likely is a bad flame sensor, has to send a millivolt signal to the CBoard
Old 05-26-2022, 06:32 PM   #51

Quote:
The Site old-bisquet put up seems to be a fraud site. Should of looked more into the site. No place to contact except email and will not return. When I go to the site it is a hair site. So on the look for a board else where.
Dispute the charge with your CC!

As I stated I haven't used them but they were the ONLY site showing ANY in stock/available

You will not find one elsewhere except via RV salvage
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearair View Post
I haven’t read the entire thread but when we had this issue on our 2002 Bounder, one of the two leads to the emergency shutoff switch (located near the LP filler - and totally exposed to road gunk thrown up by right rear tires) had broken off the switch.
We went through everything else before considering the emerg switch. Two minutes to crimp a new spade connector to the wire and reconnect. I’ve since enclosed the switch in a sealed plastic housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Glanton View Post
I had the same problem with my fridge Check the flame tube to see if you have a good flame, it could be sooted up or it could be the flame sensor electrode or the igniter. look at the simple stuff first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE11 View Post
What's your propane level at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac7nj View Post
All propane appliances have safety parts that won’t let the unit work. One thing is a thermocouple, it test that the flame is hot. Although you still have spark no ignition will occur. This is the first thing to check, if you have a manual it will give you the value to check with your volt ohm meter. No manual then trial and error replacement plan is second best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Lamar View Post

I had the same problem last year.
Replaced main board and took care of problem. Still working this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Dometic solenoid probably work, if needed? All 12vdc, double solenoids, probably same fitting sizes? But I agree, more likely is a bad flame sensor, has to send a millivolt signal to the CBoard

Should read post #26......
Board is NOT sending DC to Gas Valve Solenoid

But boards for that orphan fridge are NLA
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try the gas solenoid valve with jumper wires and 12 volts. Should hear a click. If no click the valve is probably done. For me it came as part of the igniter assembly. Not available by itself. Try Dyers online for parts.
TVdeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:32 PM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I had the same problem

From the looks of your valve it looks like I have the same fridge. Mine had the same symptoms about a year ago and I had to get a new valve. The guy who fixed it told me at the time, that since Dometic bought out Atwood they stopped making those valves. Of his suppliers he found one that still had 2 in stock so he got me one. He told me after they're all gone I may have to replace my fridge.

I found, while I was nursing it along, that if I lightly tapped on the valve while it was trying to light I could get it to open up. That was ok while it was intermittent, but when it got worse and stuck every time it tried to light that no longer worked for me.

Best of luck to you. I hope you're able to find one somebody who still has one.
SkipWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:08 PM   #55

I worked for a Gas Utility for 38 yrs and never heard it called a value. I call that a gas valve. And that's what you need to replace. If you have gas at the valve inlet and not at the outlet then the valve is bad. Done.
DLB JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:13 PM   #56

With no board it means new fridge. Unless someone knows where I can get one.

Tags
atwood, fridge