Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2018, 11:40 PM   #1

Auxiliary Batteries won't turn on.

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree Class C motorhome. My auxiliary batteries are under the entry steps. Prior to today when I turned the switch on, I could hear a click and the red light would come on on the panel. Then, I could check the battery charge level and operator the 12V lights and start the generator. Now, nothing happens when I push the on button on the control panel.
Could there be a fuse I need to check or something more serious. Could it be the battery disconnect switch? If so, how do I check that?
Kcs735537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
It's more likely the batteries have discharged but can possibly be charged if the coach is plugged in or the (generator is started, they may need to be jump started in they are also responsible for starting the generator).
However the switch and relay click may also turn on the converter, which is responsible for providing a charge to the batteries, so an external charger may be required.
The best bet may be to remove the batteries and take them and have them tested and charged if not replaced.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The big boy solenoid is controlled by the chassis battery as there is a fuse on many. If the RV battery is dead you can not use the switch.

LEN
Old 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #4

Check the house battery voltage. If the battery voltage is above 11 volts then check the voltage at the big relay probably mounted to the frame rail to the left of the battery. If you have power on the input side (probably toward the battery) then the breaker is OK. If not look for a breaker or fuse probably on the right end of the battery box. If you get that far and the relay is not clunking the relay is probably the problem.

If the battery is below 11 volts start the engine and check the battery again. The charge line from the engine alternator will probably have it above 11 volts and the relay will pull in. As long as you are on shore power at that point it will probably stay in while the battery charges off the converter.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #5

Look for the disconnect solenoid, probable don't have a " Big Boy " on a class C.

There may be a fuse right on it.

Looks like this.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2018-11-03-13-01-32.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	224799
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries