Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #1

So my '95 Pace Arrow has a great rearview camera and monitor, everything works well. The question is whether there are any effective ways to keep the rear camera glass cover clean while driving in the winter? It gets covered with enough road grime and crud that I can only see that it's on and that it's dirty, but not really see anything behind me.

Any wax or cleaners that will help it shed the crud? Any other ideas?

This topic was moved from the Technology forum to get better exposure here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #2

So my '95 Pace Arrow has a great rearview camera and monitor, everything works well. The question is whether there are any effective ways to keep the rear camera glass cover clean while driving in the winter? It gets covered with enough road grime and crud that I can only see that it's on and that it's dirty, but not really see anything behind me.

Any wax or cleaners that will help it shed the crud? Any other ideas?

This topic was moved from the Technology forum to get better exposure here.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club

As a matter a fact I have a friend who has a business and has developed a spray system to mount at the lens. So you can give a shot of water to wash the grime off. If you have air available you can give it a shot of air to help with the process by blowing the water off. I not sure of all the facts but I did try the one on his Motor Home.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #4

Thanks John. If you have more info on that I would appreciate hearing more. Here in Washington it's a given that you drive in the rain and I wasn't prepared for the way the airflow would circulate back there while moving. If you live here you can't always drive on the nice days.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jonelsr...we would be interested in learning more about your friend's system...can u provide details?

I use a spray bottle of water when I stop for fuel or a rest break, but a driver, dash board activated system would be neat
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club

I hadn't talk to him for a couple of weeks so I called him this morning (Mike) he has now designed a system that is electric operated for RV's that don’t have air. It’s not listed on his Web page yet. This is his Web Site.

www.msfoster.com

John