Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #1

We have a Coleman-Mach basement A/C in
our Horizon that is suffering an outdoor
blower motor failure. It has been diagnosed
back to the Control board.

Our dealer promises to replace the board for us,
although they didn't mention anything about it being quickly, immediate, soon, or within our lifetime.

I called RVProducts who tells me a schematic of the control board does not exist. I find this hard to believe.

Has anyone ever heard of one being in existance?

It's getting warm in here......

Thanks!

New Port Richey, FL
NR4A is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #2

although they didn't mention anything about it being quickly, immediate, soon, or within our lifetime.

I called RVProducts who tells me a schematic of the control board does not exist. I find this hard to believe.

Thanks!

New Port Richey, FL
Old 09-26-2006, 02:45 PM   #3

You can download the "service manual" (PDF format) from the RVProducts web site. It includes wiring diagrams which may be helpful.
jspande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can download the "service manual" (PDF format) from the RVProducts web site. It includes wiring diagrams which may be helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already done this, the wiring diagram and service manual is nice to have, but there is no schematic diagram of the control board components, which is what Im looking for.

They'd rather sell you a complete board than provide technical information on the one they use in the unit.

Built-in obsolescence, Im sure.

New Port Richey, FL
Old 09-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NR4A:

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sam,

Who is the dealer? I had to have mine taken care of at LazyDays due to the warranty and they do indeed string you along for months with ineffectual repairs that have to be redone.

Even when they say they are done they probably are not, when they say that they are ready for you that has never been true either even if the work is done.

Tuesday I got there when they said they were ready but it took over 2 hours to track down the people and paperwork that they promised would be ready and waiting. This was their best timing yet. The first time It took from 1:30 PM until 8:30 PM and the bottom line was they they really weren't ready that day anyway. So we had to go back and go through it again.

I don't feel important to them even though they chant that every time you walk in the door or call on the phone.

Try another dealer or service agency if you can. There are even some reputable mobile techs in our area also that I understand do excellant and timely repairs. I will be seeking them out once I and no longer tied to LazyDays to finish what has already been started.

Regards,
Old 09-28-2006, 12:59 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who is the dealer? I had to have mine taken care of at LazyDays due to the warranty and they do indeed string you along for months with ineffectual repairs that have to be redone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Neil

You described it to a "T". Yep - It is the "Your money is important to us" people.

Who is a good mobie company?

New Port Richey, FL
Old 09-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I was just curious, did Lazy Days diagnose the problem to be the circuit board or did RVP? It seems that most of the problems with the Coleman units are not circuit board related so I was wondering how they determined you have a bad board. Too many times, I've seen service guys want to "throw parts" at a unit rather then trouble shoot.

This might have all been reviewed, but I just have a couple questions....Are the compressors running? Indoor blower running?

Since you've got the service manual, did you have a chance to check for power at the outdoor blower relay yet? Glancing at the 6535 manual, it look like there's a fuse in the outdoor blower high speed wire (the black wire) is it OK?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was just curious, did Lazy Days diagnose the problem to be the circuit board or did RVP? It seems that most of the problems with the Coleman units are not circuit board related so I was wondering how they determined you have a bad board. Too many times, I've seen service guys want to "throw parts" at a unit rather then trouble shoot.

This might have all been reviewed, but I just have a couple questions....Are the compressors running? Indoor blower running?

Since you've got the service manual, did you have a chance to check for power at the outdoor blower relay yet? Glancing at the 6535 manual, it look like there's a fuse in the outdoor blower high speed wire (the black wire) is it OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In answer to your questions.....

I did the failure diagnosis myself, RVP confirmed it in a telephone discussion. There was power going to the compressor(s) and indoor blower - as was mentioned in my original post.

External 120vac was wired to the outdoor blower motor - which has allowed us to have A/C this last week.

New board arrived today - I installed it. The A/C has returned to 100% operation.

Another success story.

New Port Richey, FL