Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
NXR

Basket to keep dirty clothes on top of a Splendide combo?

For those of you with a Splendide combo washer/dryer, where do you temporarily keep dirty clothing?

We started off keeping them in the drum but learned quickly that was a bad idea because it kept us from drying towels, etc. without pulling everything out first.

Then we started just piling them on the top and lost a few socks off the back.

Now we stuff them into a cloth grocery bag which is workable.

What I would really like is something like a very large-undershelf storage basket made of mesh but I cannot find anything near large enough to cover the top of the Splendide.

https://www.amazon.com/YBM-HOME-Stor...%2C186&sr=8-35

Anybody have a better idea or know of such a basket thingy? I'm now thinking about cardboard and duct tape to seal off the top so clothing cannot fall off...

Thanks,

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I’m a little confused by your difficulty. Are you limited in vertical space above your Splendide?
There are any number of laundry baskets available at many different stores, usually for $10 or less. The common general size range being approx 26”L x 18”W x 12”H. Would this not meet your needs?
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
NXR

It could. I'd have to cut one of the long sides off and really clean up the edges. But I'd prefer something more square. Thanks for the idea.

Because of neck and height issues and with the top of the Splendide being about five and a half feet off the floor, we want something we could solidly mount, toss clothes in without them falling off the back or sides, and just reach up and pull clothes out of for washing.

Ray
Old 10-27-2020, 12:22 AM   #4

We are fortunate to have a vanity type desk open underneath in the bedroom and keep the laundry basket there as well as the cooler box we use for day tripping/kayaking/fishing days. Doesn't interfere when the slides come in either.

Alternatively we would just place in a regular laundry type basket in the shower tray out the way and easy to remove and put back for times we shower.

Just a thought, bearing in mind the square shape you are looking for, but have you checked into other storage areas and various containers that might fit. Maybe if needed you could even velcro the bottom to the top of the machine???

Try Storage works, Ikea, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart of course!, Bed Bath & Beyond or similar stores. Look at their various storage type options, there's got to be something there you'd think? What about also in the gardening dept?

Alternatively, you know the taller plastic ones with a lid on - they kind of go narrower to the base - could you maybe get one of those cheapish and cut down on height?

Just a few suggestions maybe worth checking into. There's bound to be something somewhere that'd work for you. Sometimes we stumble upon the perfect thing when we least expect it.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:44 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Bajer-Design-...%2C444&sr=8-47

or
https://www.amazon.com/PRO-MART-Delu...s%2C444&sr=8-7
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Our bedroom closet has a recessed area in the floor at one end that we use to put a dirty clothes hamper into.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
NXR

Thanks for all of the suggestions, folks. Being a gasser we don't have an over-abundance of storage space. The good news about that is we cannot bring along a lot of clothes that would need washed either.

Ray
Old 10-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #8

We use one those collapsible trash containers and leave in the back by the Splendid. Make a game of it shooting the hoops, getting cloths in the opening
Old 10-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We had the single unit combo in our prior Bounder. I just stored the dirty laundry in it. It was empty, after all, so why try to find someplace else? When I did laundry, the contents went on floor in front of the combo. Our Tiffin actually has a laundry hamper built in, but even if it didn't, I still use the our washer & or dryer (we now have separate units) for dirty laundry storage.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
splendide