Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Black & Decker Spacemaker Coffeemaker Install "#3"

Please come and read my blog and respond here or ask questions. If you look into the threads here you can find my 2nd coffee maker install. This is the 3rd.

Gots to have my COFFEE in the morning!

3rd Times the Charm - We Hope!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We go thru Mr. Coffee's so often I wouldn't bother to mount one permanently. Coffe makers are a disposal item for us even at home.

Maybe we should drink more wine!
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
We go thru Mr. Coffee's so often I wouldn't bother to mount one permanently
You go that right. We're on our 4th B&D Spacemaker. We had one quite a few years back in our 29 foot Skyline Aljo. This one brewed coffee into a thermos bottle like our B&D #2. The advantage of that is it brews the coffee and then the machine turns off.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
DriVer

Can you measure the width and depth of that maker. I checked Amazon and there dimensions are approximate. I really like the looks of it and hope it fits in my opening.

Sorry. I re read your blog and saw 15 1/4. I'll be able to work with that. Ours is the original 1999 B&D that National installed and I'm sure it's about ready to give up the ghost.

Do you know the differance between the 740 and 750?

Thanks Dick
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Do you know the differance between the 740 and 750?
I'm taking a guess here but the 750 might be the black unit.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer,
Does that coffee maker have a backup power for the clock/timer? I'm looking for one for our sticks 'n bricks that won't require a reset of the time and the timer everytime we have a little power outage....and we seem to have one of those little 1 or 2 second hic-ups every day or so. Gets real old having to reset the time everytime that happens. Had a Braun that burned out and it had a 20-30 minute backup built into it but they don't make that one anymore.
Thanks,

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nice job as usual DriVer as one would expect from you. Thought you had a combination coffee maker and DVD player when first looked at, latter when hooked up saw other wise. I use to have the hanger type we are now with counter top third one I think, they just do not last for us coffee drinkers what ever type.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Please come and read my blog and respond here or ask questions. If you look into the threads here you can find my 2nd coffee maker install. This is the 3rd.

Gots to have my COFFEE in the morning!

3rd Times the Charm - We Hope!

Black & Decker make decent tools but not coffee makers. Since we dry camp alot we bought a Cuisenart with the thermos pot because after the coffee is made I can shut it off and it stays hot without having to keep it turned on to warm. I went through alot of space savers, at least 7 and now I have been using this one for 3 years with no problems.

We like lot's of Coffee in the morning too.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Thought you had a combination coffee maker and DVD player when first looked at, latter when hooked up saw other wise.
"Now that's funny right there I don't care who you are!"
Old 11-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Joe View Post
DriVer,
Does that coffee maker have a backup power for the clock/timer? I'm looking for one for our sticks 'n bricks that won't require a reset of the time and the timer everytime we have a little power outage....and we seem to have one of those little 1 or 2 second hic-ups every day or so....
Now for folks like yourselves that absolutely must have their coffee without fail I would like to recommend:

This lil' gadget will give you about 1500W for a hour so you can always have your coffee when you want it. In the interim it'll always be on-line and will never hiccup again.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Black & Decker make decent tools but not coffee makers. Since we dry camp alot we bought a Cuisinart with the thermos pot because after the coffee is made I can shut it off and it stays hot without having to keep it turned on to warm.
We've had 2 B&D units with thermos pots so we know exactly what you're saying. The units brew the coffee and they shut off. I would say that those are indeed very well suited for use in an RV.

Current unit was $59.00. If it lasts for 2 to 3 years that'll be just fine given that we don't use it every day.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we just bought the B&D (SDC850) with the metal carafe that shuts off right away. Paid about $50 at the outlet on sale last month. I like the metal instaed of the glass carafe. now i have to try and choose a place to install it. my last B&D lasted almost 8 years.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
now i have to try and choose a place to install it. my last B&D lasted almost 8 years.
Colonel, In later years Winnebago did away with the coffee maker recess above the dinette table. That may not even come into play as your floorplan maybe different than ours. Finding a spot for that behemoth under an RV counter may become a challenge if there's no room at the inn. Back in 2003 our original Spacesaver was about ~4-5 inches less wide so it fit easily into the space. Good luck with your install!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
you are right, they previously had it over the dinette and gave up some cabinet space. I did measeure, it will fit over the sink in front of the window. have to move the light back a bit.