Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Black Tank Flusher...

...ain't flushing. Hose hooked up, faucet on, no flow. So I checked the vacuum breaker and the check valve, both good. Pressure goes thru the vacuum breaker and check valve, and is trapped between the check valve and the spray head. Now I remove the spray head from the tank, or I try. Took out the screws and removed all the rtv, but the sprayer won't come out of the tank. The spray head is still connected to the plumbing, and loose in the tank, but won't come out of the tank. What am I missing?
TonyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Mine was totally clogged at the spray head and back a couple of inches into the tubing! I cut the tubing a couple of inches behind the head, cleaned out the clog, and used a coupling to put the tubing back together! I found that my flusher input did not have a screen. I put in a new washer with a screen and all has been fine since!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Clogged -- I hate to ask -- with what? The screen is a good idea, never thought of that. What could it hurt? Nada!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Clogged -- I hate to ask -- with what? The screen is a good idea, never thought of that. What could it hurt? Nada!

Since there was no screen at the input, then any crud in the water coming out of the spigot was going straight to the nozzle! Over a period of time this accumulated and clogged the nozzle, then backing up in the tubing!
Old 08-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Whew! I was hoping you'd say that! Thanks Joe.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
RESOLVED! The spreayer was clogged allright, with what looks like toilet paper. After determining that the anti-siphon and check valves were ok, I took the sprayer out. It was installed with WAAYY too much silicon, but ok, it didn't leak! I soaked it overnite in vinegar to break down any hard water deposits, then soaked it all day in a strong mixture of bromine and hot water to kill the poo germs, at least in my mind. Then I scrubbed it and could see the holes were 1) still mostly plugged and 2) really small, like less than 1/8 inch according to my drill bit. I did alot of math, drank alot of beer, and found that 5/32 times the 13 holes would approximate a 1/2 inch hose inlet. I drilled them out, added 1 new hole and left 2 holes the original size. Then I hooked it to my compresser with an assortment of tubes and hoses and blew poo paper all over the back yard. Then I hooked it to the garden hose and ran alot of water thru it. It'll fill a 5 gallon bucket in 15 seconds and still has alot of force. It's all put back together and waiting for the rtv to cure. Leak check tomorrow. Risk = The oversize holes will allow more crud in, but it'll also rinse the crud out easier I'm thinkin', hoping it'll be a wash. (Pun intended)

While I was there, I drank some more beer and measured the size of the tanks, and they came out to about what Monaco said, 55 gray and 39 black. I love math, and beer. Thanks for the help, Joe. Really hope to meet you on the road someday.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
RESOLVED! The spreayer was clogged allright, with what looks like toilet paper. After determining that the anti-siphon and check valves were ok, I took the sprayer out. It was installed with WAAYY too much silicon, but ok, it didn't leak! I soaked it overnite in vinegar to break down any hard water deposits, then soaked it all day in a strong mixture of bromine and hot water to kill the poo germs, at least in my mind. Then I scrubbed it and could see the holes were 1) still mostly plugged and 2) really small, like less than 1/8 inch according to my drill bit. I did alot of math, drank alot of beer, and found that 5/32 times the 13 holes would approximate a 1/2 inch hose inlet. I drilled them out, added 1 new hole and left 2 holes the original size. Then I hooked it to my compresser with an assortment of tubes and hoses and blew poo paper all over the back yard. Then I hooked it to the garden hose and ran alot of water thru it. It'll fill a 5 gallon bucket in 15 seconds and still has alot of force. It's all put back together and waiting for the rtv to cure. Leak check tomorrow. Risk = The oversize holes will allow more crud in, but it'll also rinse the crud out easier I'm thinkin', hoping it'll be a wash. (Pun intended)

While I was there, I drank some more beer and measured the size of the tanks, and they came out to about what Monaco said, 55 gray and 39 black. I love math, and beer. Thanks for the help, Joe. Really hope to meet you on the road someday.

You're welcome Tony! Glad that solved the problem, but sounds like yours was much worse than mine! BTW, don't forget that screen!
Old 08-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Screen is on my Home Depot list! Great idea! So simple.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Screen is on my Home Depot list! Great idea! So simple.

Tony, I'm not sure Home Depot will have that. It's a combined rubber washer and screen. If they don't have it, check the RV accessories area at Wal-Mart!

Tags
black tank, tank