Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cable TV Connection

On our conquest there is a cable TV connection in the rear storage compartment on the drivers side, I have connected a cable from my home to it and I get nothing to either TV connection inside the MH? I have traced the cable to the cabinets above my sink but that is still about 5 ft short of the antenna booster/splitter with one open connection. Without cutting a hole in the cabinet how can I tell where it goes? Attached is a photo of the booster/splitter.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1643.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	211  
RayandPamT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #2

Just to double check - Is the little black button on the panel in the picture (the on/off switch) pressed in?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
RayandPamT, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Can you use an ohm meter? If so, you should be able to short out the coaxial cable at one end and check for continuity at the other end. If the cable from outside in the compartment checks good; it should be connected to the "cable" connection on the back of the splitter in your photo. The "ant" cable to the antenna on the roof the other is for the tv in the other area of the RV. For cable TV, the antenna amplifier must be turned off.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The button is in the out position. and I have traced 2 TV cables comming from the back of the coach, one is the TV in the bedroom the other the outside connection, but only one is connected in the picture the other is the Antenna. the outside wire looks like it stops someplace between the microwave and the booster/splitter.
RayandPamT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #5

Out position for cable is correct (in for antenna), sorry, I had a typo above. Looks like you'll need to play the continuity game the wizard describes above to see if there is a break in the wire.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You could pull the floor of the cabinets out as they are double walled and the space is used for wiring of lights, receptacles and coach cables. I would recommend the cabinet the splitter is mounted in. If you cannot access the break, you may find it simpler to install a new line.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok,, I took a very close look at that plate's rear

Now I"m visiting a web site, be right back

Ok back now,, In this photo there are no 12 volt wires hooked up you can call the 3 connections 1 2 and 3.. The park cable is #2, the one in the middle

#1, I believe is the roof and #3 is TV-TWO

If your plate is the same as this one (Winegard) then you have nothing connected to the park cable in connection.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #8

john-d now you are someone who is really paying attention! Great catch.
That switch (powered/amplified or not) has a CableIN, AntennaIN, and a tvOUT. Seems one of the three is missing on rayandpam's switch!!!!!