Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
calling all furnace experts and others

I need help with a rv furnace in a 2000 H/R Ambassador 12 volt. I am trying to check out the heating system for the first time. I turned on the gas checked it out by turning on the stove. Turned the thermostat on, turn lever to max heat, nothing. Turned on the fan nothing. I have to say this thermostat used to control the A/C also but the perious owner had a Carrier A/c installed with its own remote. Now I checked the furnace out from the outside, found the rocker switch was on, checked the circuit breaker had power both sides, checked the fuse in the main breaker/fuse paned it was good also. I did find that thermostat had a circuit board with it number 3107612.008 0008 and had power form the ground to the furnace wire. I am puzzled about the number of wires at the thermostat 4 or 5 wires. The furnace is a Atwood furnace 8535-IV-DCLP which also had a circuit board. I think I read something about a LED number of flashed to troubleshoot the system, am I suppose to have that and where would I find it?
Thanks
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
I need help with a rv furnace in a 2000 H/R Ambassador 12 volt. I am trying to check out the heating system for the first time. I turned on the gas checked it out by turning on the stove. Turned the thermostat on, turn lever to max heat, nothing. Turned on the fan nothing. I have to say this thermostat used to control the A/C also but the perious owner had a Carrier A/c installed with its own remote. Now I checked the furnace out from the outside, found the rocker switch was on, checked the circuit breaker had power both sides, checked the fuse in the main breaker/fuse paned it was good also. I did find that thermostat had a circuit board with it number 3107612.008 0008 and had power form the ground to the furnace wire. I am puzzled about the number of wires at the thermostat 4 or 5 wires. The furnace is a Atwood furnace 8535-IV-DCLP which also had a circuit board. I think I read something about a LED number of flashed to troubleshoot the system, am I suppose to have that and where would I find it?
Thanks

On my Damon with the Carrier A/C and remotes, the remote runs the A/C and furnace.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #3

Do you have one thermostat for the AC and furnace? Or one for AC and one for furnace?
And is the thermostat for the AC a remote?
Was it cold enough to even kick on the furnace?
Do you have good 12V power in the coach?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
followup

I have a Carrier A/C in he front that was changed out by a previous owner and it has a remote, I know operates the front A/C. It also has a thermostat on the wall that appears to have operated the old A/C and furnace. The remote does everything according to the buttons and screen. I have tried to turn on the furnace but it was 93 degress so I guess it would not come on. I am checking out everything as I just purchased it and making sure everything works OK.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Wink Problem solved

I tried the remote and it did work the furnace. Thanks very much for your help.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #6

I can't believe it used to have something non Carrier and they added one. I hope not.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace