Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2022, 03:39 PM   #1

Can you REBUILD a Leveling Pump?

Our LCI (Lippert) leveling pump works fine, but leaks a small bit of fluid (see photo) I know its not the end of the world, but I don't like leaking fluids anywhere. The LCI p/n 293414 is listed at $2084 and some change. Our local (80 Miles away) RV repair place wants $500 to install and bleed the new pump.....which is OK I guess.

So i am going to wait and keep filling it up, until the pump just goes out. But was wondering Has anyone ever removed the pump assembly and had it rebuilt. I have done this before on tractors and trucks, but never on a MH. How difficult could it be to bleed the system for 4 jacks?

Always been a DYI guy and would like to NOT spend $2600. I need that for gas.
Xjaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2022, 03:49 PM   #2

I'm betting dimes to donuts that Lippert doesn't make that pump. I don't know for sure, but I would bet. You might take a picture of it or remove it and take it to a local hydraulic shop and see what they have to say. Hopefully someone who knows the exact make and model of the pump will come along. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 03:52 PM   #3

No picture showed up.

LCI (Lippert) has a great website with all sorts of documents. The problem is there are so many you have to find the one for your system. There are several sections in their web site, some being general info and others being more technical.

Now to answer your question. My philosophy is if man made it, it can be fixed!

There are hydraulic shops all over the place. You could find one that will rebuild it. Taking it out and putting it back in generally isn't hard to do. These systems are basically self bleeding. Just operate the system several times and all air will work its way out.

Check out the information. Since you are a DIY guy, you should find it interesting.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:35 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bot Leak Pump.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	360993
[ATTACH][ATTACH]
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	360994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Man Spec Pump.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	360995  

Old 04-01-2022, 04:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
No picture showed up.

LCI (Lippert) has a great website with all sorts of documents. The problem is there are so many you have to find the one for your system. There are several sections in their web site, some being general info and others being more technical.

Now to answer your question. My philosophy is if man made it, it can be fixed!

There are hydraulic shops all over the place. You could find one that will rebuild it. Taking it out and putting it back in generally isn't hard to do. These systems are basically self bleeding. Just operate the system several times and all air will work its way out.

Check out the information. Since you are a DIY guy, you should find it interesting.
Thanks Pete...Sorry about the photos..See below
Yes, I agree. I was on the LCI website for a while. Talked to 2 CSR's. Well I like self bleeding systems. I appreciate the information.
Old 04-01-2022, 04:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
I'm betting dimes to donuts that Lippert doesn't make that pump. I don't know for sure, but I would bet. You might take a picture of it or remove it and take it to a local hydraulic shop and see what they have to say. Hopefully someone who knows the exact make and model of the pump will come along. Good luck.
Thank you arcaguy....I will do just that.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:22 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Years back I tore up the seals on a couple of my Kwikee jacks. Not wanting to buy new jacks, I took one to a hydraulic cylinder shop and asked for help. It was a non-repairable welded jack. The shop would not cut it open but told me if I cut it open and brought it back, they would rebuild it and weld it back together. That's what I did. I took a narrow grinder to the welds and carefully ground on them till the top came off. I had to cut the bracket off first to get all the way around the top. The shop rebuilt it, welded it back up including putting the bracket back on. Never had any more problems. It still wasn't cheap - somewhere over $300 but a lot less than the price of new one.
DFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFord View Post
Years back I tore up the seals on a couple of my Kwikee jacks. Not wanting to buy new jacks, I took one to a hydraulic cylinder shop and asked for help. It was a non-repairable welded jack. The shop would not cut it open but told me if I cut it open and brought it back, they would rebuild it and weld it back together. That's what I did. I took a narrow grinder to the welds and carefully ground on them till the top came off. I had to cut the bracket off first to get all the way around the top. The shop rebuilt it, welded it back up including putting the bracket back on. Never had any more problems. It still wasn't cheap - somewhere over $300 but a lot less than the price of new one.
That is interesting! I never thought about doing that.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, pump, rebuild