Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2021, 06:49 AM   #1

Carefree of Colorado

my carefree compass collapsed. i'm not positive of cause, but 2 likely choices. 1. the skinny wimpy little v shaped spring that is used to hold awning in choice of adjusting slots. or the thin metal that allowed a "pin" to rip through... btw, my awning was the only one to crash in that very large campground. mh was bought in july of 2020. has spent most of it's life in an enclosed metal building. lots of bent arms and brackets... probable bent tube.?

trying to file a warranty claim...
their excuses--
systems are down and you can't submit warranty until systems are up and that will be a week or more.

they would call me back in the morning at 10 am... they didn't call all day

they would call mobile tech ... i explained their choice was 200+ miles away, but it is who they wanted to use so it suited me... i didn't hear from him. so i called him the next day... his response... i haven't heard from carefree and my charge would be 600 minimum and i don't have time... haven't heard from them.

during my first call, they put my notes on a yellow sticky which they threw away. they say that they called me back and left message for me and mobile tech... tech. says no. no record on my phone... and my phone shows no record of a call.

contacting motorhome factory to see if they can help... their first comment ..
we don't use carefree of colorado any more...
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2021, 07:06 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have had the same problems that you have had with Carefree. They have had a computer virus that has taken their system down for a couple of weeks along with dealing with COVID-19 complications. I got a call from Summer she told me my parts were waiting for UPS to pick up, glad to hear it because I ordered them September 20! She mentioned IT is getting their system back on but they still didn’t have company emails up yet which as you can imagine in today’s world that is catastrophic. Any way being patient works for me but then again I am not stranded and I work on my RV.
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado, free