Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #29

I don't live in Milwaukee. I only fly in there when I go to Osh Gosh. Unless I fly myself into Osh Gosh.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Says you do in the 'Location' under your name
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #31

I'll bet you think my real name's Perry TOO
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Buy an Eden Pure 1000 cheap electric heat.................Heats well pet and children safe
Sunkist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #33

How efficient is the sun?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #34

Not very.... a number I saw is that only .000000045% of the suns output reaches us on earth...... quiet.... do not let the eco people know.... they will want to turn it off to save energy.......... lol
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
I'll bet you think my real name's Perry TOO
Knew better than that... But, ok..
Old 07-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist5 View Post
Buy an Eden Pure 1000 cheap electric heat.................Heats well pet and children safe
Halogen lamp... junk. Seen hundreds so far at the dump
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #37

I was a HVAC tech for 30 years before I retired and I am here to tell you there has never been a RV Gas Furnace (Key Words RV Gas Furnace) built that was more efficient that 60% to 65% new out of the box on a good day. [moderator edit]
5_fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Mid i own 2and have for several years no problems yet
Sunkist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #39

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist5 View Post
Comparing that to Cheap Heat is comparing apples to kumquats.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #40
Commercial Member

I too installed this system in my 36 foot Mobile Suite in 2010. I'm glad that the price is dropping and he is offering it to the public. Now maybe this fourm will take my name off as a commercial member and put me back as a reg. member. I'm just a happy camper with my Cheap Heat System working in my camper. I'm very happy the way this system works and how maintainece free it is. I run this heater all winter while plugged in at my house and see no difference in the electric bill. I also keep one of my A/C units going all summer long while plugged in at the house. I rotate every two or three weeks on the A/c units. I live in south Louisiana and it gets hot. I feel that the CG's do not drop their daily rates for electricity from Summer to Winter and if I'm running two A/C units during the Summer or one Heater during the Winter they should not see extra electricity usage from Summer to Winter. I'm very pleased with the operation of this heater system and it keeps my camper evenly heated and also my basement. If you are entristed in seeing the instalation pictures you can look under an old thread in fifth wheel section under Cheap Heat.
Paw John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #41

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paw John View Post
...If you are entristed in seeing the instalation pictures you can look under an old thread in fifth wheel section under Cheap Heat.
Here is the link for Paw John's photos.

Note that one photo shows a fused disconnect switch feeding the Cheap Heat. If one has only a 30A service and wanted to upgrade to allow for more heating capacity, one could replace the disconnect switch with a small breaker panel with a 50A 240v main and room for at least two branch breakers. Replace the original 30A cord with a 50A and run it directly to the main breaker in the new panel. Use a 30A 120v breaker to feed the original panel. The other breaker can be whatever is needed to feed the version of Cheap Heat you want. Depending on the load, you may be able to add more branch circuits to the new panel.

Some 50A panel/converters installed in RVs, such as many of the Progressive Dynamics, can have the 50A two pole main breaker replaced with a quad halfpole breaker that has the two inner breakers linked together and the two outside breakers linked with a bridge. They are available as 50A/50A or 50A/30A. Using the 50A/30A unit, the 50A inside breakers can be used for the main and the Cheap Heat fed off the outside breakers. This way, all the breakers are on the one existing panel and a separate panel or disconnect box won't be needed.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #42

What is the price now?
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote