RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #71
Commercial Member

Bowser
If you boom dock all the time, this upgrade will not be for you. For me this is one upgrade and can not be with out. I keep my camper plugged in all the time it is parked at my house and my Cheap Heater is set at 50 degrees. I don't have to worry about any pipes freezing up.
Paw John is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #72

Bowser,
You are correct. I have thought about putting in another switch to use the Cheap Heat with my genset but after thinking about the difference in price btwn gas and lpg I will just switch to lpg when boondocking instead. I full-time on shore power while working and the cheap heat is perfect for this so I don't have to worry about running out of lpg in the middle of the night.
okiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #73

I have a Honda EU 2000i generator which will run a 1500 watt heater, barely. Nothing else. And that heater doesn't do well in very cold weather. It's simply more effective for me to use LPG.

Now at home on shore power I use shore power and electric heat, and would if I were at a campground. However, I don't understand why someone wouldn't just buy a small electric heater rather than go to the expense of installing that system. It's a nice system, don't get me wrong, seems spendy when there is an inexpensive alternative.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #74

For the same reason I do not want to plug in a small electric heater in every room of my S&B house. Have you priced electric central heat systems for homes?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #75

And therein lies the rub, as the Bard said. I have a 19' Class B. Different situation.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #76

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Great thread wish I'd seen it sooner. I did buy one and working on it today. Late for last winter but early for next.
I emailed him and Larry called me back in 5-10 minutes (I walked outside crawled into basement and he called me) real ice guy. I had some tech questions but afraid he'd tell me to go call someone..lol So that's why I'M reading every thing I can. And this read help me with a few things.
and this read..
Adding a RV Comfort Systems Electric Element to a RV Furnace
Pictures always help me..
Any one want the 2 manuals? I'll up load them..
Old 04-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid View Post
I do not have one installed. Just passing along info. I might get one in the future, before we hit the road full time. It would be a nice option, in case propane is low. Right now we live full time in our RV but are parked by an office/garage we rent. We pay electric, so "savings" is not the issue. Now, if someone can find an electric generator that runs off of a water hose, I'm in! Water is part of our rent.
Google small or personal hydroelectric generators. They exist. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:24 AM   #78

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Cheap Heat Manuals
Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #79

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
Cheap Heat Manuals
If that's supposed to be a link, it didn't come through.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #80

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sure didn't. It was supposed to be a upload.

They won't load.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #81
Commercial Member

Ladyfitz how it's going, my unit is still going with no trouble. I love this system.
Paw John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #82

I would like to chime in here. I too am looking at the Cheap Heat System for my 39ft. 5er. My wife and I are intending to start full-timing within the next couple of years. I have read as much stuff as I can and find it almost unbelievable how many dis a system that they have limited or no knowledge of simply because the don't understand it. I will install this to give me OPTIONS. I see many parallels to this and another Item I am going to purchase called the automated safety hitch (just google 'safety hitch'). It seems all of the nay sayers haven't used it nor fully understand what it is. With both the safety hitch and cheap heat it seems like from the ones using it ALL you hear is positive reviews.

Does anyone have a copy of the install manuals they can share? I will be doing the Cheap Heat install myself but I like to get a head up as to what to expect. Also if anyone has any additional install pictures that would be great.

I also assume that this system is still working great for all of those that have it?

Thanks A Lot,

Steve
4x4FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #83

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
If any one wants the manuals PM or email and I'll send them. IRV2 won't let me upload that big of file.

I did install it my self.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:12 AM   #84

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Five years now and it works just fine. I believe Paw John has had his about that long also.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote