Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2021, 08:42 AM   #1

Cougar 30rls

Hello, I have a 2020 Cougar 30rls 1/2 ton 5th wheel.
My dometic furnace keeps cutting in and out and running for 3 min or so each time while the flame stays on for 30 seconds or so during the cycle. I have an in-command system in my unit. I spoke to the dealer and brought it in. They changed the high limit switch and said it was good to go. I am now i. It full time for the summer and i am having the same problems. On the initial strat up, it will get the unit to temp and run for 5 min to go up the 5 degrees or so it needs but after that it cycles every 3 min or so. Last night at 130 am i got frustrated and watched the in-command tstat temp and it was 63 when furnace cam on. Tstat was set for 65. After 30 sec the tstat read 65 and furnace shut down. Then temp read 63 again after 3 min and furnace came on and shut down within 30 sec and tstat read 65. So now i know it is not the high limit.
So my question is does anyone else have this issue and if so have you been successful in getting it fixed?
TonyGize is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #2

Warm furnace air getting to t-stat thru wall/hole in wall where t-stat wires run

To test.....remove t-stat from wall ---let it dangle
Turn furnace on......feel warm air coming out of hole in wall?
Does furnace still cycle?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #3

I spoke with Dometic and they were super helpful. They said that their furnace board and the in-command system have a gateway issue. Dometic has since upgraded their boards to rectify the issue. I am waiting for my new board to arrive and test it. I hope this solves the issue.
TonyGize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #4

Excellent^^^^
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote