Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2023, 11:14 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dewald hydraulic slide issues

My 23yo Dewald hydraulic seems to have lost the motor this evening, both slides half -retracted and I find THAT SOME Dummy (PO/tech?) connected both slide HOSES backwards, so the MANUAL PUMP TRIES TO EXTEND AND NOT RETRACT; (so that is the tomorrow project in the snow/ cold, fluid loss, etc. and I am NOT happy.) Don't think it burned out, but suspect/ hope maybe a carbon BRUSH issue that can easily resolved once home. Now to find or borrow the right LINE WRENCHES. Ugggggghhhhh Fingers crossed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2023, 09:56 AM   #2

Don't envy your work in the cold. Did the pump just 'quit' or is it struggling?

I ask because many hydraulic systems of that era had a big fuse very near the hydraulic manifold. Mine has a 40 amp and my HWH slides/jacks system just 'died' one morning when prep'ing to leave. But it was in mild temps and the RV park didn't have a problem with me staying on.

I saw the fuse mentioned in the literature but couldn't find it in the RVs banks of fuses. While inspecting underneath the RV, I spotted it in the rats nest of wiring at the manifold and found that it had corroded out. Replaced it with a large modern style with spade lugs.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:32 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup, just died, (23yo) suspect brush issue, have voltage to solenoids and jumper does NOT even make it click forward or reverse; reversed backwards hoses install and manual pump worked to retract, so good to travel. Now to decide if the $85 marine trim system motor is same mount/ same motor as the $195-$700+ RV motor :-) Hmmmmmm? and wondering if I tried every option, or can I manually extend and retract without swapping hoses? I thought not, tried both options, I thought, but later found literature that maybe I was wrong and maybe my procedure? Hmmmm? well, later to determine
Old 03-26-2023, 09:12 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well got home and ordered the $78 marine motor vs $195 Rv motor (vs SOME at over $700 motor only); looks exactly same; we will see; email response from one website said they could not cross-ref my part # to say if same or not; coupling is a concern, as NO INDIVIDUAL PART SHOWN and no luck locating any current info on #OK21500 Pump-Motor Assembly? OILDYNE?
Old 03-30-2023, 10:43 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New motor arrived today, old tested to battery= growl/ spark, new =OK, installed NEW and all functions restored fine. The cheaper $79 Marine mercury trim motor that looks right= is right/ same,= works great: I will try to disassemble and document the old motor and see what issue is; (expecting brushes issue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TPI94H8...roduct_details

Tags
hydraulic, slide