Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #1

Do new Fantastic fan blade fit old Fasco motors

The blades alone cost about the same as assembly with pancake style motors most reviews say that new motors one is 10db louder on phone app up close. I want to keep old USA motors. The assembly has open spokes at hub in pics, blade alone closed hub. Possibly redesigned IDK. The blade alone shows a center screw old ones have set screw at shaft. Anyway my Fasco motors are fine I want to keep them. The thermo bulbs are bad $25 that's what's started me on this repair.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #2

No idea if the new blades fit the old motors, and I agree completely about not wanting the new motors. Not only are they louder, the sound is very high pitched and grating!

If it ends up they don't fit, MaxxAir fans use motors very similar to the ones Fantastic used to use. They're quieter and the sound they do make is much more pleasant.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #3

Changed out the fan and motor. Fit into existing stack in the roof.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:24 PM   #4

I finally found a dimension of shaft in fan bore says 8mm on of RV sights . Now where is my digital caliper, I'm sure it needs a battery. Couldn't find 8mm wrench.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:48 PM   #5

Got a 5/16 open end? It's 7.95 mm, if it's a little worn it will probably slide on.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:59 AM   #6

Made order fans and nice new smoke cover to match other that branch fell on from Adventure RV. The blades are only $16 from them"others 30+ , my last cover was from through Ebay. I just looked it up as was it smoke or black see through??
Thermostats from RV and auto parts.Those are rare to find neither had both blade and thermostat.
One old blade wobbles maybe from me trying to pry off shaft other has cracked blade either way they are real fragile .
Old 05-16-2021, 07:31 PM   #7

I can confirm they fit. The old steel hubs on shafts were very tight I have ground one entire side down to flat on shaft . Left a large area I had split with die grinder to spread with chisel. no go. Brought to work and used press with keyway stock holding hubs after breaking old fans off. The new hubs are very tight fit but no screw hole in end of shaft . I will probably drill and tap end of shaft for 4-40 screw.
The fans I got from AdventureRV.Net $16 rather than $35 others wanted. The same as entire new assembly with pancake motor . Ordered Fri afternoon received Sunday morning . I paid extra 2ish dollars for slightly faster ship .99 insurance.
The bad ...RV and Auto parts cancelled my order for thermostats out of stock. Made offer on Ebay for ones per manufacture part # on sticker not FF Dometic part #. It's too big a pain in the butt to do over have to wait for bulb thermostats.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:09 PM   #8

Tested new blades with jump pack. Nice and quite you cant hear motors over air. What would be blow air into MH is slightly louder "maybe?" but not forcing through screen. I was afraid I may bent the motor shaft trying to get old blade off one but I must have nudged blade on splined hub. It's a okay. They should work and look like new again. These can't beat my whole house fan though. It will be nice to have for shower area and pooper. Lower power consumption to run boondocking.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:14 AM   #9

Finally success . I didn't need any retainer screws for the blades . I couldn't pull them back off at all without worrying about breaking the fan blade, tight enough for me. The thermostats worked perfect ,seller took offer of $40 for two shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-INVENSYS....m46890.l49286
Still have to re-test the rain sensors. When it comes to MH repairs I shouldn't complain, but rebuilding and hanging these and hooking up all wires ,tucking wirers back in for trim panel is a pain. Glad I didn't bid the job for someone I would lost my butt on it lol T&M next time. They look and sound great.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(8).jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	329106

Tags
fan, motor