Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 09:55 PM   #15
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit
I use fluffy TP and a big ole hand full

I have NEVER had a blockage

TMI, dude.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 10:01 PM   #16
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2
I know several Vac-U- Flush users that will not put TP in their tank. VF are fussy and prone to vac leaks from duck bills. IMO it's an unnecessary over engineering when simple drop toilets work flawlessly.
I guess some just like to hear the familiar whoosh that's familiar from home?

We have one black tank at the back of the coach with a drop toilet.

But we also have a half-bath mid-coach with a macerator toilet. The macerator grinds and pumps the "slurry" down a sloping pipe to the single black tank.

A drop toilet in the half-bath might work once or twice...

Plus, using the macerator toilet for all #2 assures it's impossible to have a poop pyramid and we never need to precharge the black tank with several gallons of water.

Ray
Old 03-27-2023, 10:31 PM   #17

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
I have a vac-u-flush so I use 1 ply because the adhesive is bad for the duck bills. no way I would not flush what ever I used.
Same here, and service the Magnum-Opus vacuum toilet & the vacuum pump [bellows & duckbills] every 2 years..
I have found that those who haven't done the maintenance in a timely manner are those that have the issues..
Lastly for those that wonder why the use of the macenerator, vacuum or air assist toilets,, Due to tank placement/configurations, the toilet is not directly over the black or the combo black/gray tank..[depending on make &/or year of RV.]
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:28 AM   #18

I think it's a good cleaner when going down the road and a good deodorizer..
Dan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Charles View Post
Our s**t burner didn't care if the barrel had paper in it or not.
I know what you're talking about and always hated that job. Luckily there was a guy in our camp that wanted to do it and also heat the water for the showers. One day the nco's were complaining about the water not being hot enough so the next day they had HOT water.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:57 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think it's fear of what might happen without wanting to understand the why's and the how's of storage tanks. I would say the vast majority of owners have no issue once the proper process is followed, the rest anguish over which TP to use and what magic potions are needed in the tank to prevent the potential disaster I'm sure is overpowering in their minds. Maybe the idea of what's in the tank reviles them to the point of going through whatever means possible to avoid confronting it, I don't know. For me it's almost like being a pit crew at an Indy race, how fast can I get the hose out, dump the tanks, rinse and put everything up. Watching others at the dump station some folks treat it like a hazardous chemical spill superfund site.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:36 AM   #21

I have known folks who don't flush TP, only allow #1 in their toilet (no #2), use their shower only for storage, will not use propane, will not use microwave, will not use the fresh tank, will use water heater on propane, but not the main heater, will not use the air conditioner, the list goes on.
Most of it, i think, is a phobia of some sort. Could be because they don't understand some things, but most will not even begin to listen to logic about it.
My phobia is running out of beer...
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:46 PM   #22

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprobate View Post
I have known folks who don't flush TP, only allow #1 in their toilet (no #2), use their shower only for storage, will not use propane, will not use microwave, will not use the fresh tank, will use water heater on propane, but not the main heater, will not use the air conditioner, the list goes on.
Most of it, i think, is a phobia of some sort. Could be because they don't understand some things, but most will not even begin to listen to logic about it.
I have came to the same conclusions many times.. and the phobia needs more beer to cope...
Old 03-28-2023, 06:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprobate View Post
My last rig had a bumper sticker that said "I was sober when it broke down."
MakTruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakTruk View Post
I like it!!!
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:44 AM   #25

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakTruk View Post
Chuckles...
Old 03-29-2023, 08:09 AM   #26

We definitely put TP down the toilet. We have the Vacuflush system, which I have serviced myself for the past 7 years. I have issues twice, with one of those being TP related. A trip to the lake with grandkids resulted in too much TP use. This required a cleaning out of the duckbills. The other was a foreign object that made it into the toilet.

We use the Scott RV TP, which may be an unnecessary extra cost.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:54 AM   #27

our truck camper had a cassette toilet so we used the good stuff.i don't see that changing with the t/t. we (i) give it a good flush when we get back to the house. i have a 350 gallon holding tank for the guest suite so i use that to dump most of the time.our trips these days are short trips to go fishing, 3-4 days then back home.
hemifoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:52 PM   #28

We use paper in our black, but be sure to use plenty of water, Otherwise “ urine”
trouble! (Couldn’t help myself)!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank, toilet