Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimerveer View Post
I might have gotten carried away with my squeaky clean description.. basically I use about 10 to 15 gallons in each of the gray and black tanks for the drive home, and about 5 to 10 minutes or so with the fan spray. The black and gray tanks can each hold up to 30 gallons.

I want to make sure no clumps develop and I like my sensors to work. A once a year cleaning also makes sure I don't have to listen to my better half tell me about any smells that might develop... So I expect I use at most 60 gallons, once a year. It doesn't seem like a waste to me. Heck most people blow more than that watering their lawn or washing their RV or TV.

Safe travels and all the best..
It sounds like you like to keep your tanks clean and the sensors working the same as I do. Who is wasting water anyway? What we use goes back into the ground. Anyone know where water comes from?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2023, 10:23 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimerveer View Post
So I expect I use at most 60 gallons, once a year. It doesn't seem like a waste to me. Heck most people blow more than that watering their lawn or washing their RV or TV.
Sorry. . the comment of wasting water was because I'm in the desert Southwest where water is precious.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:29 AM   #87

No offense was taken. Where we live certainly helps to establish our priorities.
LOL My water comes from my well and drains to my septic...

Safe travels and all the best...
1stimerveer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:35 AM   #88

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You are right, it isn’t so much getting your black tank “squeaky clean” as it is getting all the clumps & sludge out so that it doesn’t clog up and smell. My rig came equipped with a sani-flush system, a spray nozzle on the opposite end of the tank from the dump valve. It was clogged from the previous owner not maintaining or not using it. Had the occasional stinky days, used tank treatments. Been inoperative for a few years.

Finally had enough, pulled the nozzle out and drilled the jet holes 0.010” bigger and added a nozzle to the grey tank (didn’t drill the grey tank nozzle out bigger). Had to do some plumbing magic but hey, it works great. No need to sanitize the tank. Just dump the tank, turn on the flush nozzles, and the world smells nicer. Plus no complaints from the DW.
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 07:02 AM   #89

Our home has a septic system with about 75' of 4" line from the house to the tank and don't have any problems using Charmin. The only problem is from grease build up it the smaller line from the kitchen sink.

We are fairly new to RVing, about 2 years. We tried to 'septic safe' paper when we first started and quickly switched back to Charmin. The only problem with the RV black water tank was a small piece of TP getting stuck in the channel the dump valve slides into. The valve couldn't close all the way and leaked liquid. It took about an hour to remove the valve/gate, clean it out and reinstall it. That was recently and I am thinking of buying one of the flush valves to back flush the line and tank when I dump.
Kitten-Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank, toilet