Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2022, 06:39 PM   #1

Success using Dometic B59196 with CCC2 Thermostat

For anyone needing to replace an older Dometic A/C with a Brisk II. Dometic says it can't be done, but I did it. I replaced a 2004 Duo Therm Heat Pump with a Dometic Brisk II Heat Pump B59196. When I got it, the instructions say I need to use an LCD Thermostat and Control Box. Unfortunately, I wanted a dual zone system since I am using a Easy Touch RV 350 WIFI thermostat. I messaged Dometic support and they told me I bought the wrong Heat Pump and I had to use it as a single zone and purchase a specific control box and thermostat.

Looking at the A/C wiring, it is the same as my Brisk Air i that uses a CCC2 thermostat and a 3312020.000 control box. Since the Heat Pump is wired the same, I saw no reason it wouldn't work so I decided to give it a try. I ordered a 3312020.000 control bx and made a minor change. I removed the orange wire from the reversing valve tab and moved the yellow wire from the Medium Fan tab (T2) and moved it to the T4 reversing valve tab.

(Note: The orange wire on T4 went to a three wire connector used in the Brisk Air i to operate the reversing valve and heat strip if equipped. The reversing valve in the Brisk Air ii uses the yellow wire to operate the reversing valve. There is no medium fan on the Brisk Air ii Heat Pump)

I hooked it all up today and both heat pumps are operating as they should as a 2 zone system controlled by one thermostat.

I attached a diagram of the 3312020.000 with the mod for anyone who may need to update their Heat Pump.

3312020 Control Box CCC2.pdf
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2022, 06:48 AM   #2

I just realized that the fan motor in the brisk II is a three speed fan. the medium speed wire (yellow wire from the fan) is terminated with a wire cap. So it is possible to feed a new wire to the capped wire and plug it to T2 in the control box to be able to use medium fan.

I assume that this would void the warranty but it is easily reversed if necessary. It would help reduce noise near my TV so I may do that in the near future.

Tags
dometic, thermostat