Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #1

Dometic Customer Service?

Does anyone have any tips for getting Dometic Retail Customer Service to actually answer a call? Over the past 10 days I have spent 2.5 hours on hold. Last time I made it to "first" in line, held that position for 30 minutes and was then disconnected.

I'm trying to find out how to buy a replacement remote for my awning. Dealer suggested it is fruitless to call Dometic.

I also tried email - took 4 days for an answer to a simple question regarding the model I have. I then replied and asked how to order, and have received nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions.
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCook57 View Post
Does anyone have any tips for getting Dometic Retail Customer Service to actually answer a call? Over the past 10 days I have spent 2.5 hours on hold. Last time I made it to "first" in line, held that position for 30 minutes and was then disconnected.

I'm trying to find out how to buy a replacement remote for my awning. Dealer suggested it is fruitless to call Dometic.

I also tried email - took 4 days for an answer to a simple question regarding the model I have. I then replied and asked how to order, and have received nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions.
is this what you're looking for?
https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometi...e-control-kit/
Old 07-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, that's not the unit I need.
I'm looking for the key fob remote that ships with the awning control hardware. I need it to be able to make a couple of adjustments, including turning off the wind monitor auto close feature; that can only be disabled with the remote that matches the specific control hardware on my awning.

I've found the replacement hardware, but it is about $350 for the entire package when all I need is the remote.
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:01 AM   #4

Dometic Customer Service has been almost impossible to contact since the Covid situation. They don't return phone calls and very seldom answer emails. As an authorized service facility repairman, I have almost given up on the company.

I hope they can get their act together. It is very frustrating when they are not able to even assist their own dealers and service providers.
A1RVTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Personally I think that to many companies hide behind the COVID excuse. They likely had poor customer service before and now it is just a convenient excuses to mask their poor service.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Personally I think that to many companies hide behind the COVID excuse. They likely had poor customer service before and now it is just a convenient excuses to mask their poor service.

Dometic Customer Service has never been good.....long before COVID
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #7

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X-2 on the feelings about the shortcomings of Dometic "Customer Service"

Just a thought:
Have you tried searching on E-Bay for other possible sources?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ntrol&_sacat=0
aeejbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #8

The words Dometic and " Customer Service " should not even be used in the same sentence.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #9

Don't waste your time calling dometic. I finally got thru on the phone and it is only a clerk. They go down a list of questions on a checklist. If that doesn't work they say hold while they consult a technician. They does this by skyping the tech so it is a very long process to still not get an answer. Then they will tell you to take it to a dometic service center. You will get better answers here and on youtube.

2007 Diplomat 40SKQ
klcdenver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, service