Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2019, 04:28 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to andrewsilver Send a message via MSN to andrewsilver Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsilver Send a message via Skype™ to andrewsilver
Dometic Fridge not working on AC

We have a 2012 Storm 32BH with a Dometic DM2652RBX Propane/AC fridge. It continues to work on propane even when plugged in. Anyone else have this issue?

I checked the AC outlet and it has power. I installed a new Dometic S110-468349 electronic board but that didn't help.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge-1024x768.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	239244  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2019, 06:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
So your saying it won’t switch over to electric when on Auto or it won’t work at all on electric when you select that?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:37 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to andrewsilver Send a message via MSN to andrewsilver Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsilver Send a message via Skype™ to andrewsilver
It won't switch to electric when on Auto. It only has two options: Auto or Gas. I have it on Auto, but it keeps running on gas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_073441.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	239248  
Old 03-24-2019, 06:43 AM   #4

My fridge has a switch for Auto OR Gas. There is no AC position.

Looking at the OPs picture, he has the same thing.

There are fuses in the control board.

Old Biscuit will get here and fill you in on troubleshooting it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:53 AM   #5

Thanks. Yes I checked the fuses and they were good. I then replaced the whole control board unit (Dometic S110-468349) but that didn't solve the issue. I measured the resistance on the heater element and it is in spec based on the troubleshooting section of the manual.

I'm wondering if the Auto/Gas switch is not working properly - sometimes when I press it, the light doesn't come on - I have to giggle it to get tit to come on. But even when the light comes on, the fridge stays on gas.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Dometic Fridge not working on AC

Edit.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #7

Solved: Dometic Fridge not working on AC

For anyone interested, the problem was the Auto microswitch on the Dometic 2932771021 2-Way Circuit Board (at the top of the picture). $24 on Amazon.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #8

Also Solved:

I had a similar issue with a different model Dometic. In my case, the 5A fuse in the control board was loose in its connector bracket. It's also possible the bracket was a bit corroded. I removed the fuse, scratched up the connector a bit with a file, also carefully squeezed the connector to make it tighter. Once I replaced the fuse, it worked fine. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 AM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsilver View Post
For anyone interested, the problem was the Auto microswitch on the Dometic 2932771021 2-Way Circuit Board (at the top of the picture). $24 on Amazon.
That is awesome information Andrew!!!

Thanks for sharing the experience and posting the part number.

I'm wondering if mine isn't having an issue. When I try to run the fridge on the "gas" it will not light. However, if I leave it on auto and unplug it switches to gas without issues. Once plugged in it will switch back to electric.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsilver View Post
Hello Andrew, I am having the same issue, but can only find the board not the "Auto microswitch" on Amazon or anywhere. Could you please post the part number (maybe still in your Amazon purchase history)? Thank you!
Niall8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:57 AM   #11

Hi Niall8or, the product is called "DOMETIC 2932771021 2-Way Circuit Board" and the amazon link is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R9GCDQM

Unfortunately it says not available at this time, you may want to contact Dometic directly or search to see if others have it available. Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:50 AM   #12

Hi, My evebrow booard flickers. In the same boat, luckily it does work on propane. But looks like this part is obsolete. Anyone got any leads? I went to dinosaur boards and did not see a cross reference.

Thanks in advance.
HDGENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #13

If you can't find a replacement, I would take the board to a local electronic repair shop - I think they just need to change the microswitch or possibly clean it.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGENE View Post
Hi, My evebrow booard flickers. In the same boat, luckily it does work on propane. But looks like this part is obsolete. Anyone got any leads? I went to dinosaur boards and did not see a cross reference.

Thanks in advance.
RVParts.com has it for $30:

https://getrvparts.com/dometic-29327...as-2932771021/
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge