Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2022, 10:45 AM   #1

Dometic NDR1292 refrigerator side drip pan problem

Anyone come up with a fix for this?

The way this Dometic drip pan is shaped in the fridge side of the NDR 1292 allows condensate to freely drip behind the pan because it doesn't get nearly as close to the back wall as it should. There appears no way to move it closer because of the drain pipe hits the back wall.

It is driving my wife nuts. Any fix available?
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maine… I’ve been living with an NDR1292 for ten years now. My problem seems to be that periodically some condensate will freeze just at the drip point at the left end of the tray, pushing the tray slightly outward from the back wall, allowing drippage. Additionally, the point I’ve gotten my aging beast to in operation is that setting #4 is noooot quite cold enough, but #5 will have my fridge fins frozen up in about 3-4 days. So, I set 5 for a few days, then down to 4 for 1 or 2. This lady is original to the coach (2002), and we’ll go residential when the time comes, but she just keeps humming along.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:55 PM   #3

I've got an NDR1292 that's been constantly running for about 6-8 weeks. I took a look today and do not see any condensate behind the drip tray.
VolDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:29 AM   #4

I made a flap of gorilla tape that tucks under the fins and that solved the problem.

However we still have the problem of temperature control with this NDR 1292. Changed the thermistor to the adjustable one and now the unit just runs too cold even when set on the lowest setting, #1. Also turned thermistor down to lowest setting.

Just can't seem to get this thing to operate at a stable temperature. This morning, freezer at 7, fridge at 27. Have started just turning it off for part of the day.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, problem, refrigerator