Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2023, 08:57 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
dometic RM 1350 ventilations fans only work on gas

The fridge is in a slide, My condenser cooling fans won't run when the fridge is on electric. I have replaced the two electric heating elements thinking it wasn't getting hot enough. But it didn't help. Fridge works good until upper 80s and 90s. As soon as I switched to gas mode the fans come on. My question can the limit switch (sensor) on the the condenser fins not work correctly at the lower range but ok for gas which is hotter.
Thanks Gene
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2023, 10:00 PM   #2

There is a thermostat that controls the fans. It's probable that it gets hotter in the compartment on gas, and it appears maybe your thermostat may be defective.

I use an Emerson 3F05-1 which is adjustable if you need to replace yours.
Jkwilson1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:13 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
thank you
Old 03-29-2023, 01:53 PM   #4

Exterior fans are controlled by Condenser FIN Temp regardless of heat source

Electric and gas should transfer roughly the same temp......325*F/350*F

Exterior Fans thermostat is attached to Condenser FIN
Thermostat closes starting fans when Condenser FIN temp reaches 149*F +/- 9* and opens stopping fans when Condenser FIN temp drops to 122*F +/-9*

Condenser FIN Temp is dependent on amount of Ammonia Liquid BOILED into Hot Ammonia Vapor and Draft/airflow across Condenser FINs

Does the freezer/fridge cool/maintain correct temps when using the AC Elements?
YES...then all is OK
NO....then issue is Elements are not generating sufficient heat to boil enough ammonia (Low AC Voltage, Loose Element Leads connections, Element holders etc)

AC Voltage/Elements ---- Section 2 pg 16
External Fans ----Section 5.7 pg 24
https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Serv...,%20RM1350.pdf
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fan, gas, vent