RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have this piece but nothing else.
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the key pad but nothing else as my motorhome is gone. Do you need this?
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #17

keypad

well i could use it to trouble shoot my keypad as you have 1 resistor present that is missing from mine. You don't still need it do you? I'm working on a repair proceedure for this unit and it that doesn't work, a replacement proceedure without having to replace the whole AC. I already gathered info on all the integrated circuits and relays on the board for other that need info on the electronics. Short answer it I could use it to narrow down 1 thing on my list of things on my unit that I think contribute to the non working of my unit. If you dont need it could I cover shipping and you drop it in the mail?

Thanks'
dulobast25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 AM   #18

dometic duotherm penguin ii touchpad thermostat controls

Everyone, I realize this is and old thread but I thought I'd share my findings.

I was able to gather an additional control board for this rare dometic/duotherm penguin ii thermostat system.

I was able to test my keypad and the extra keypad provided by Terry W. with 2 known working control boards.

The verdict:

It appears the control boards and (not the keypad) fail. When they do they cannot send power to the keypad.

All components on the board are still available except one long ic at the upper right corner (near the 12 pin ribbon cable ) made by national semiconductor. When looking up that part number it does not come up in their database.

I have compiled a list of all relays, transistors and chips on both the keypad and board with part numbers and part sources. Feel free to send me an email.

I also have compiled dometic schematics and manuals on every version or iteration of this control system.

Although the dometic part numbers have been superceded, I have only once found this control board new and it is on ebay:

Dometic 3101597 007 AC Module Board | eBay

Here is the seller:

wegotwhatyouneedrv on eBay

I also did find a company that thinks they can repair these:

Board Repair :: Industrial Electronic Repair

In the meantime, I am working on a solution for an inexpensive easily available off the shelf replacement to control these penguin units. I will keep you posted.
dulobast25 is offline   Reply With Quote