Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Gents, thanks for all of your helpful inputs. After a bit of waffling on replacing one or both units, I decided to replace only the one unit and I also ordered the adapter card. I hope to have the repair completed by mid November.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Gents, thanks for all of your helpful inputs. After a bit of waffling on replacing one or both units, I decided to replace only the one unit and I also ordered the adapter card. I hope to have the repair completed by mid November.

Good luck!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #17

I replaced one of my ducted duo therm 15K heat pumps last spring. ( the front one)with a new Penguin II AC unit after going round & round with Domitek letting me know ducted units for Newmars were no longer available. I hooked up Penguin with my old board & 5 button thermostat.After some aluminium tape duct modifications we've been comfortable during our summer trips. Last night it was 44 degrees, and neither the rear heat pump,or the furnace worked. I checked all the breakers & fuses , to no avail. Evidently something in the communication daisy is amiss. Any suggestions? Thank you, Art.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:30 AM   #18

Heat pump not coming on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTWERKE View Post
I replaced one of my ducted duo therm 15K heat pumps last spring. ( the front one)with a new Penguin II AC unit after going round & round with Domitek letting me know ducted units for Newmars were no longer available. I hooked up Penguin with my old board & 5 button thermostat.After some aluminium tape duct modifications we've been comfortable during our summer trips. Last night it was 44 degrees, and neither the rear heat pump,or the furnace worked. I checked all the breakers & fuses , to no avail. Evidently something in the communication daisy is amiss. Any suggestions? Thank you, Art.
Hi, not sure but when I changed my rear unit , I had same problem and read online that I needed to look at the board to make sure the switch inside was on for furnace. Just switched it over with small screwdriver being careful to not damage it. Check to see if yours is in on position. Hope this helps.
Crabbyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How did you get to talk to a Dometic Tech type?? All I got was a directory of dealer Repair facility
benge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
OK, I'm back on task now. I just looked at the wiring under the new and old units and have just one question: There are two phone jacks and apparently only one phone cable running to the rear unit. I assume this is correct, but I want to check with the body of knowledge here to confirm this. I also understand it makes no difference which jack the cord is plugged into.

Headed out to install the adapter board now. Cover me. I'm going in.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #21

The second phone jack is for daisy-chaining additional AC/HP units. I think the newest boards can control up to five.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Old 11-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Update

In spite of what I have read here and elsewhere, my new HP unit is not a direct replacement insofar as the lag bolt hole alignment is concerned.

I put the adapter card in, wired in the 115v, hooked all the other wire connections up, and began to bolt it down.

I put the two rear bolts in and then began to put the right front bolt in when I discovered the holes weren't lining up. My ruler shows that there is 13" between the front bolts on the old unit, and only 10" or so on the new one. Looking at the unit's centerline, that's cockeyed too, so I'm going to have to basically re-do the bolt pattern all around.

That's disappointing. It would have been so much easier if everything lined up. Oh well, I'll get back to it tomorrow. This pinched nerve in my back is screaming hot and making me bark at the moon.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Happy dance here!

Tags
ace, duotherm, replace, replacement