Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2023, 04:52 PM   #1

Electric Power Gear leveling

I have a 2008 fleetwood 40e. Just got back from a 3500 mile trip with the my family. My power gear leveling system is causing me a few headaches. Long story short…a couple wires were loose on the control panel. The jacks wouldn’t retract. So I was able to push them up but I could hit the jack and it would fall down. So I ratchet strapped them all up. Got the wires fixed when I got home. Now both jacks on the passenger side just drop when I put it in auto and won’t retract (drivers side seems to work fine). I hear the jack motors running. Thoughts??
Bryan Ther is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2023, 05:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ther View Post
I have a 2008 fleetwood 40e. Just got back from a 3500 mile trip with the my family. My power gear leveling system is causing me a few headaches. Long story short…a couple wires were loose on the control panel. The jacks wouldn’t retract. So I was able to push them up but I could hit the jack and it would fall down. So I ratchet strapped them all up. Got the wires fixed when I got home. Now both jacks on the passenger side just drop when I put it in auto and won’t retract (drivers side seems to work fine). I hear the jack motors running. Thoughts??
There's a shear pin in the shaft that may have sheared..

not uncommon

Do a search for Power Gear Electric Levelers sheared pin for further..

Here's a link to the parts

https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/...ear-pin-386686

Easy repair but the jacks are very heavy and awkward to R&R

Much like this slide motor shear pin
Old 01-15-2023, 07:24 PM   #3

Ok. The weird thing is when the wires were out of the control box…every jack was able to move freely up and down. I had to ratchet strap all of them up. After I fixed the wires now only 2 of them do it.
Bryan Ther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:46 PM   #4

Thumbs up powergear leveler

there is a thread that is 58 pages long about problems and fixes for Power gear Electric leveling problems.
I just got done reading them all to find my issues on my 2008 Fleetwood Expedition and I recommend you do too.
Very informative.
Started by lp5151 on 06-05-2009.

cdickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:51 PM   #5

powergear leveler

I"ll try to add a link to Lippert Products that seems to have taken over Powergear for information.

https://support.lci1.com/power-gear-...eveling-system
cdickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:47 PM   #6
US1

The jacks should not be moving freely up/ down by hand, regardless of the wire situation.
US1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 05:16 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
we have searched and cannot find the replacement for our Power Gear leveling controller. 140-1224 R OK. We think Power Gear is no longer in business and no one makes a replacement for it. We have found someone who can repair it if we can get it out. Can anyone give us direction on how to remove it We have an 07 Bounder and the controller is in the first compartment passenger side. Thank you
Davidsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 08:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsusan View Post
we have searched and cannot find the replacement for our Power Gear leveling controller. 140-1224 R OK. We think Power Gear is no longer in business and no one makes a replacement for it. We have found someone who can repair it if we can get it out. Can anyone give us direction on how to remove it We have an 07 Bounder and the controller is in the first compartment passenger side. Thank you

If the same as my 08 Terra, To remove it it just involves unplugging a few distinctive plugs, disconnecting the power and ground wires...???

Then
It should be held in place with screws

Regarding a replacement, did you try Lippert?

they seem to have quite a selection of Power Gear replacement parts.

Another possible source:
https://www.radwell.com/en-US/Buy/PO...40-1224%20%20/

please keep us advised of your solution

Tags
electric, leveling, power, power gear