Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Xmas View Post
Thanks for all the notes on the Everchill. We just purchased a 2021 Vibe 25 RK, drove it home, parked it, and the fridge had disconnected at the top mount and basically tipped out of the wall (leaning against the slide-out in the closed position). Problem was a design flaw in which the top board of the frame was exactly 4" wide and the bottom of the screw holes in the attachment bracket of the fridge were at 4", so, the screws didn't bite into the MDF board! To top it off, after I reattached the unit, it didn't cool!!!! We went out last weekend, with a cooler, and dropped it off on our way back. It's been in the shop since Sunday and still hasn't been diagnosed. The LED light does come on. The tech line said it is either the Circuit Board, A bad Thermostat, or a fuse on the circuitboard. Not the inaugural trip we wanted!
Wow! I just looked at the mounting screws on my 21BH. They're about and inch up from the bottom edge of the header board.
-Russ
rgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2021, 10:24 AM   #16

I have a 2021 Forest River Wildwood with the Everchill unit discussed in this thread. I am currently on my 3rd unit (all under warranty), but after a multimeter check on this unit, I'm only getting 10V supplied. I assume the inverter is the issue? Thoughts?
Maverick6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:34 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick6595 View Post
I have a 2021 Forest River Wildwood with the Everchill unit discussed in this thread. I am currently on my 3rd unit (all under warranty), but after a multimeter check on this unit, I'm only getting 10V supplied. I assume the inverter is the issue? Thoughts?
The Everchill is a 12V refrig, so wouldn't use an Inverter (creates 120 ac from your 12v dc Battery). It would be the Converter that creates 12vdc from 120vac Shore power when plugged in to charge your battery(s) and operate your coach's lights.

If you are plugged into a 120v source, then you may have a problem with your converter. The Everchill will not operate on only 10 volts DC.

Are you connected to a campground pedestal?
-Russ
Old 06-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrimm View Post
The Everchill is a 12V refrig, so wouldn't use an Inverter (creates 120 ac from your 12v dc Battery). It would be the Converter that creates 12vdc from 120vac Shore power when plugged in to charge your battery(s) and operate your coach's lights.

If you are plugged into a 120v source, then you may have a problem with your converter. The Everchill will not operate on only 10 volts DC.

Are you connected to a campground pedestal?
-Russ
Thanks Russ, yes I am connected to the campground electric service through the 30 amp. I also disconnected this and tried just the battery, but with the same result. It's only about a 9 month old unit, so would you think the converter would be the next logical step?
Drew
Maverick6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick6595 View Post
Thanks Russ, yes I am connected to the campground electric service through the 30 amp. I also disconnected this and tried just the battery, but with the same result. It's only about a 9 month old unit, so would you think the converter would be the next logical step?
Drew
It would seem to point to the Converter but your should test a few things.

1- Does the Microwave work? That would indicate that the 30 amp shore power is working and have 120 vac to the coach and converter. I have a small Digital AC plug-in meter that is always plugged into one of the coach's AC outlets so I can just look to verify I have 120 VAC in the coach.

2 - Is the Converter's Circuit breaker ON. Shut it off and then back on to reset it if yoou thing it could be tripped.

3 - Do you have a DC Voltmeter? If so, have you checked the Voltage at the Battery. If the converter is working and charging your battery(s) you should see 13.2 to 13.6 volts.

A side note: My Vibe is home and plugged into my pedestal. When home and not traveling I always leave my Everchill run, I just set it to a lower setting (no food inside it) and run the AC, set at 78 degrees, to help with humidity in the coach. I just went out to look at me distribution panel and Converter and saw the LED next to the Refrig 20 amp Fuse was on, indicating the fuse had blown. And yes the refrig was up to 79 degrees inside. I shut off the outside Battery disconnect switch and shut off the converter (circuit breaker) and replaced the Fuse. I turned everything back on and the new fuse didn't blow and the refrig is running. Hopefully my Refrig fuse was just fatigued and failed.
-Russ

Tags
fridge