Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2018, 05:58 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Extend a stay hose

Thanks for all the help in the pass my extend a stay comes with a 5' hose and would like a longer hose to hook up to a 100# is there a reason why I can't find a longer hose?
Thanks for any replys Bob,Linda& missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #2

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did you search on the net for one?

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59035-P...SIN=B0056ODEVW

might be what you are looking for?

if not try this

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=extend-a-s...lm&ia=products
ronnie_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:08 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_g View Post
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did you search on the net for one?

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59035-P...SIN=B0056ODEVW

might be what you are looking for?

if not try this

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=extend-a-s...lm&ia=products
Thanks again that's what I'm looking for
Safe travels Bob,Linda& missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #4

This is a copy from another post, some time ago, still holds true!!

Word of warning to the wise.......
If you move the regulator, make sure it is supported in the new location.
I let my regulator hang free w/o any support.
Pulled into a Walmart one night and could smell propane.
Didn't think much of it at first, then got back out and checked my LP tank.
It had a good amount of ice on it, and I was in 80 deg. weather.
Road vibration had worked the LP connectors loose, and I lost most of my LP driving on the interstate.
Lucky nothing started on fire, I removed the extend a stay till I can figure out how to support the regulator in its new location.
2013- Now, 2006 Itasca Meridian 36G, 2014 Jeep GC
Old 09-25-2018, 05:37 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_g View Post
This is a copy from another post, some time ago, still holds true!!

Word of warning to the wise.......
If you move the regulator, make sure it is supported in the new location.
I let my regulator hang free w/o any support.
Pulled into a Walmart one night and could smell propane.
Didn't think much of it at first, then got back out and checked my LP tank.
It had a good amount of ice on it, and I was in 80 deg. weather.
Road vibration had worked the LP connectors loose, and I lost most of my LP driving on the interstate.
Lucky nothing started on fire, I removed the extend a stay till I can figure out how to support the regulator in its new location.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:53 AM   #6

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
will keep and eye on it thanks

IMO 'keeping a eye on it' won't cut it

It took well over a year for my fitting to wiggle loose. Drove from CO to FL to VA / WV... No way anyone but superman or an elephant would remember to check after even a few weeks. IMO the only safe solution is to brace / support the regulator.
I was on the interstate driving +- 70 mph.
When I stopped & finally discovered the LP smell was from my RV. My LP tank was covered with ice. Had I put my refrigerator to LP or any near by spark their is a good chance their would have been a ball of fire at my RV. Dealing with LP far far better to be safe than sorry....
Old 09-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #7

I would never criticize any post that offers additional safety information and everyone is free to choose if they wish to follow that advice. There is no harm in supporting the regulator, but is it really necessary and how real is the risk of a leak?

The post regarding the leaking propane tank, which was taken from some other post, somewhere, is short on details necessary to make an informed decision. For example, where did the leak occur? Was it at the outlet valve where it screws into the tank? If so, which side of the outlet valve was the regulator located? On my MH, and many others I've seen, the regulator comes off the right side of the valve. The additional leverage the Extend-a-stay would add to the regulator's downward pull would only serve to tighten the outlet valve, not loosen it. In such a set up, I would think support is unnecessary, unless the leak was somewhere else, but we were not told where the leak occurred.

If the regulator is coming off the left side of the valve, then you have a real potential for the valve to become loose due to vibration amplified by the extended arm of the regulator. We were not told if this was the case in the leaking tank post. If my MH had the regulator attached to the left side of the valve, I would certainly be more likely to provide some support if I added an Extend-a-stay.

Everyone needs to evaluate this warning based on his particular set up.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
I would never criticize any post that offers additional safety information and everyone is free to choose if they wish to follow that advice. There is no harm in supporting the regulator, but is it really necessary and how real is the risk of a leak?

The post regarding the leaking propane tank, which was taken from some other post, somewhere, is short on details necessary to make an informed decision. For example, where did the leak occur? Was it at the outlet valve where it screws into the tank? If so, which side of the outlet valve was the regulator located? On my MH, and many others I've seen, the regulator comes off the right side of the valve. The additional leverage the Extend-a-stay would add to the regulator's downward pull would only serve to tighten the outlet valve, not loosen it. In such a set up, I would think support is unnecessary, unless the leak was somewhere else, but we were not told where the leak occurred.

If the regulator is coming off the left side of the valve, then you have a real potential for the valve to become loose due to vibration amplified by the extended arm of the regulator. We were not told if this was the case in the leaking tank post. If my MH had the regulator attached to the left side of the valve, I would certainly be more likely to provide some support if I added an Extend-a-stay.

Everyone needs to evaluate this warning based on his particular set up.
If properly tightened it should have broken the fitting, not loosened.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:33 PM   #9

I saw this one on the web.......

You drive down the street with your children in the back seat. A Police Officer notices they don't have their seat belt on, you get a ticket.....

Every day thousands and thousands of kids ride in a school bus, no seat belt, no tickets.
Also no air bags or soft material to soften their impact into the seat in front of them....

I guess it cost too much $$ to put seat belts in vehicles designed exclusively to transport kids.

Sorry for the off the topic.....

It was my RV that had the leaking connection.
It was leaking between the RV fittings and the Extend a stay adapter.
It was tightened as tight as I thought it should be, using two +- 12" adjustable wrenches.

IMO you add another 4 or 5" on to the fittings then connect it all back together you amplify the vibrations of / at the fittings.

Do what you want to do, it may work fine for 9 out of 10 people, but the 10th might end up with the same LP leak I had, and also be on the 6 or 11 PM news.

That's my story, learn from my mistakes, or see how your luck holds up.
Another consideration, any modifications you do could impact your insurance coverage if you ever have issue with a modification.

I don't like to play with LP gas, would rather be extra safe, than brag I didn't need to follow a suggestion from some one that has walked down that road already.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ronnie g , thanks for the heads up. I went and checked mine and they had fastened my regulator after the extend a stay was installed. In my opinion it is necessary. Sure love the convience of not having to move just for propane.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote