RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #1

Fridge Fix Smart RV Products

Does anyone have experience with the Fridge Fix manufactured by Smart RV Product Elite 2 + 2 on how well it works and what it does to the Dometic RM1350 Refrigerator cooling temperature. I am having problems with high temepratures in the refrigerator.
dbtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
First time I've seen that and I like it, I have 2 cooling fans on my Fins and it stays cool -10 in the freezer and 37 deg below.
I wouldn't hesitate to install one of those.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #3

I bought one and for the price it was a PIA to install. Took a good deal of fabrication to get the thing to fit and they way they use the cooling fins for part of the electrical circuit does not work well. On mine, not at all. Overall, for $100 for 2 computer fans in a 'custom' enclosure it should have fit perfectly without any reworking.

Not impressed. And the fans are not very quiet. I can hear them in the living room with the fridge door closed.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #4

I installed a frig fix in my rm1350 frig. Has 3 fans and keeps ice off fins and keeps cool air circulating. The frig is in a slide and does not cool properly so have added a baffle to direct air thru the fin tube @ top louver and plan on adding additional fans @ top louver.
BarbandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
I have one in a Norcold unit and it works great and it was an easy install on mine. If you are having a cooling problem it probably won't help a lot. What it does do is circulate the air inside constantly for more even cooling. It pretty much eliminates frost buildup on the fins because it blows across the entire width.

Check the air flow through the back of your unit. The major cause of poor cooling is lack of proper air flow over the condenser coils on the back of the fridge.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I installed the FridgeFix 3-fan unit in our Norcold 1200LRIM. With the unit mounted against the fins per the instructions, my food was blocking the air flow and it did not solve the problem of uneven temps from top to bottom. I have since moved it out as close to the doors as possible so the food will not block as much of the air. We have not used the MH since I did this so not sure if it solved the problem.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #7

I bought a $7 battery operated fan. Makes a huge difference. i have experimented with different locations to find the best spot. I have had mine for 1.5 years. Go ahead and spend $100 if you want.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
I bought a $7 battery operated fan. Makes a huge difference. i have experimented with different locations to find the best spot. I have had mine for 1.5 years. Go ahead and spend $100 if you want.
Why don't you post a little more info on your $7.00 dollar fan that fixed your cooling issues ?
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
I have had both the Camco battery operated fan and the little fans that clip on the fins. In fact I had two of them on the fins and they still frosted over all around the fans. None of them worked as well as the Fridge Fix. It keeps a constant stream of air over the entire width of the fins, keeping down frost and circulating air throughout the fridge. It costs more but works ten times better.

Just my opinion, others may vary.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
I have had both the Camco battery operated fan and the little fans that clip on the fins. In fact I had two of them on the fins and they still frosted over all around the fans. None of them worked as well as the Fridge Fix. It keeps a constant stream of air over the entire width of the fins, keeping down frost and circulating air throughout the fridge. It costs more but works ten times better.

Just my opinion, others may vary.

Dan, have you had any problem with uneven temps top to bottom?
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Dan, have you had any problem with uneven temps top to bottom?
Hi Joe. No I haven't had uneven temp problems since I installed the Fridge Fix. The key is keeping the DW from cramming so much stuff on the shelves that air can't flow freely. I try to keep the back edges of the shelves clear about 2" so the air can blow down the back and is pulled back up in front. It seems to have worked so far. Changing out the condensation tray to the one that Smart RV Products supplied with the Fridge Fix made a difference in the air flow.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #13

I installed a Fridge Fix in my Norcold. It works perfectly and is much nicer than just having a fan stuck on the fins. You pay more for it but to me it is worth it because it is such a clean install and it prevents ice build up and evens out the interior temp with faster cooling. I also installed an ARP fridge control with the fan control included. I added two 120mm fans in the top of the vent on the exterior. Both the exterior fans and the interior Fridge Fix are controlled by the ARP. It is a great system! I had some minor difficulty with the install of the ARP but the company owner, Paul Unmack, walked me through the process until all issues were resolved. I highly recommend the ARP unit to protect your fridge.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #14

Fans in top louver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbandBob View Post
I installed a frig fix in my rm1350 frig. Has 3 fans and keeps ice off fins and keeps cool air circulating. The frig is in a slide and does not cool properly so have added a baffle to direct air thru the fin tube @ top louver and plan on adding additional fans @ top louver.
I'm having the same problem, and thought about adding a fan in top louver. How did you do it and did it work?
Butch Schell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge