Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

Fridge not working on shore power at home. 15amp

Fridge has worked continuously for 3yrs now. At home I killed the house battery switch and forgot to turn it back on. Now I get alarm and no ac message. Currently I am running gen and it is working. Shouldn't the fridge run on 15 amp shore power? It has for the last 3yrs.
gettinN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Maybe your converter / inverter is using most of that 15A charging the batteries, and has shed power to the fridge .
Old 10-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #3

Fridge needs 12VDC whether it is on AC Power or Generator
15A house outlet should be able to supply AC for fridge & battery charging

IS the 15A Circuit Breaker tripped?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #4

All gf plugs are on. No circuits thrown. Fuses ok. Bought a new chassis battery. House batteries at about 12.7. Fridge and micro only work with generator, and fridge will work on gas but continues to alarm and message no ac when on electric. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #5

May have solved problem. I guess the low battery was the problem. After installing the new one the gf plug on the inverter had tripped and after resetting everything is working now. Thanks to all.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #6

What adaptor st the 15 amp wall outlet are you using ?

The same one you used for 3 years ?

Maybe it went bad.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, power, shore power