Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Front/Rear AC selector switch?

Working on my '93 HR AlumaLite 34' MH. I can't get any power to my front A/C on shore power or Gen. (yes, the breakers on the gen are both set) The coach is new to me, so I dug through the manuals and found one for a Pulse-Air m# AC-1157 that appears to be an aftermarket accessory installed by a PO. It looks like it allows the front and rear A/C's to be cycled back and forth automatically on shore power, or selected front/rear on shore power. It's installed in place of the HR OEM rotary switch that did the front/rear switching manually originaly. I'm going to assume the relays in the Pulse-Air unit are toast. What I would like some direction on, is what might be used to replace the Pulse Air unit for manual operation as originally designed by HR? I have 4 lines here. Looks like (not verified) one to each of the A/C's, one from the generator, and one from the main AC panel marked "Front A/C". Not generally too challenged by this kind of thing in the past, but I'm drawing a total blank here! Anyone have any guidance regarding wiring diagrams or sources for a reasonably priced manual switch (or switches)? A link to point me in the right direction? Thanks much!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #2

I thought I would try a little more searching and finally struck the magic combination of search words to hit paydirt. Never fails... Turns out I was overcomplicating it a bunch. I knew it shouldn't be that hard.

For anyone following later on, try this link if you're OK following at an elec. diagram. Many, MANY thanks to the author!

http://www.vsquare.com/howard/photos...lectric002.jpg
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #3

Sometimes just talking out loud helps!
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #4

Wow, that's SO true! I don't know what works better though. That, or walking away from it for a while. That seems to allow for a new focus when I come back to it here....maybe one not as cluttered?