RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
GE Profile Convection/Micro Oven Replacement

Our 2004 Newmar DS Model 4015 has the original Black GE Profile Spacemaker Convection/Microwave, Model JVM 1490BD, mounted under a cabinet located above the (3) lp burner stove. The convection mode appears to have stopped working so am looking to replace the unit. The recommended suggested to me by a RV tech is GE Profile Model PVM 9179DKBB which appears to be spec wise a good match. What have other Newmar owners with similar year/model coaches used for a replacement? Anyone also have information/schematic on how these are installed as I'm not sure whether to try and do the work myself or have it done?

Additionally, would anyone know if the Newmar parts website would have a possible replacement for the JVM 1490BD as it shows to be no longer made/available?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
DJJ

When I do a search for the replacement Model PVM 9179DKBB You mention I can't find it. But am interested in finding an over the range, outside vented MW, to replace ours as well. When your looking at dimension specs make sure your looking at outside width and not cavity width. On my 2003 DS the MW is held with screws from the cabinet above the MW, after you take the screws out the MW will tip forward and lift off a bracket on the back wall. So, if you would check the model # your looking at and let me know as the org MW is only 22 1/2 " wide, now the standard over the range MW is 30".
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:29 AM   #3

Don’t. Buy. A. Frigidaire. !!!!!

Tags
ace, replace, replacement