Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2023, 02:37 AM   #1

Generac has power/ no power to control panel 07 Eclipse stellar

I bought a 2007 Eclipse stellar T25DB a few weeks ago for my son an I to live in so we aren't homeless. Ive never messed w a generator before but seeing how I spent all we had for this I can't afford to have someone else do it so failure in not figuring this out ISNT an option.

I bought it used obviously an I've got ZERO information on it an ZERO information or manuals or maintenance/repair stuff.. completely blind especially with generator.

I've read all reasons which prevents it from starting an I've already checked em off the list as they are all good

1. I've got fully charged batteries
2. The generac has power coming from battery
3. There's NO battery power to to the control panel an no power to the remote inside start/stop switch

Basically the battery power stops right at generator an nothing else. I can hold down the start switches forever an I won't ever get any response at all... absolutely NOTHING happens at all. Can't get it to do anything what so ever. Fuses are good an oil an is where is suppose to be
StellarDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2023, 05:51 AM   #2

Welcome aboard!
Follow your VOM until more IRV2 help arrives.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:13 PM   #3

Use jumper cables to create a ground from chassis to generator engine.

Look for a fuse on the control panel.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:17 PM   #4

Seems this is your second post about the same problem. Hope someone comes along to help you. Unless maybe you can bring it on over. Somebody help this guy!
Old 02-07-2023, 02:37 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We’re sure glad you joined the gang here!

Hopefully someone can help with the generator problem.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:59 PM   #6

I Kno sorry I didn't mean to I was still learning an figuring it out
Old 02-08-2023, 12:10 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you checked the two fuses on the generator control panel?
To test the starter you can jump across the two large terminals on the starter relay. Use and 12 or 14 gauge wire, doesn't really matter because you will only do it momentarily.
Apparently you didn't test the generator before you bought the trailer?
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:06 AM   #8

Please post model number of Generac generator for better advice. Generac makes many different generators. Troubleshooting one may not be the same as for troubleshooting another.

It is good policy to always post make and model of an appliance you wish to get advice for. Travel trailer make and model often does not lead to one appliance configuration.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:10 PM   #9

No I didn't.. didn't have many options an my son an I were about to become homeless an I can't do that.. I'll definitely try this..thank you
Old 02-08-2023, 01:15 PM   #10

It's a Generac Qp40
Item: 0058520
Series: 05852-0
Serial: 7060525
30 amps/gas
Old 02-08-2023, 09:25 PM   #11

I did check the fuse..but there's only 1 an it's a buss 7.5 an blows each time I hit the start button
Old 02-08-2023, 09:53 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Generac has downloadable manuals on there website. You can view or printout a copy if you like. Here is a link.

https://www.generac.com/service-supp...odelNo=7060525

There is a wiring diagram on page 38 that may be helpful.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:33 PM   #13

When using jumpers w my car to jump generator, do I put the POS from car battery to post side starter solenoid, an neg off of battery to chassis? Im not hooking anything up to the batteries of coach am I?
Old 02-10-2023, 06:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarDad View Post
When using jumpers w my car to jump generator, do I put the POS from car battery to post side starter solenoid, an neg off of battery to chassis? Im not hooking anything up to the batteries of coach am I?
Twinboat meant for you to use just one jumper cable to temporarily provide an improved ground path. Use the one with black clamps for grounding. less future confusion.
However, you have a ground sufficient to pass enough current to blow a 7.5 amp fuse. I am totally unfamiliar with your genny but I suspect that if that fuse is mounted onto a pc board, that board is bad. If you can identify any harness plugs downstream of that board, unplug them and then try popping another fuse. If the fuse still pops, you've isolated the short within the board. If it is at all similar to Onan gennys then you could have a blown voltage regulator. It is said that fouled slip rings cause Onan voltage regulators to fail out.
Good luck!

Tags
generac, no power, panel, power