Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #15

2106Midnight

YOU have done a great job troubleshooting, eliminating unknowns and coming to a knowledge-based conclusion............

NO Grey Tank Venting as is required so grey water can properly drain into tank.
Dumping of tank works OK cause of ALL of the AAVs and the roof vent line on the drain line

Call RV MFG and insist on speaking with a Factory Rep. They messed up during production.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2018, 04:23 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2106Midnight View Post
Since the outdoor kitchen connects to a different nozzle on the tank I decided to try removing its admittance valve which ensured that the tank is vented. Retested and the shower works fine. This tells me the normal vent is compromised or nonexistent.

I had previously tried with the dump valve open and it works properly. That's why I never noticed the problem because the first few trips had full hookups.
If the coach has a gold RIVA certification sticker by the door check with what their design and construct requirements are regarding tank venting. I'm pretty sure RIVA only verifies the design not the as built. If manufacture changed the design during construction so that the rig no long conforms to the RIVA certification requirements you might have a bit of horsepower behind the complaint.

You could also rent a drain camera from Home Depot to document your suspension to add even more evidence to support the possible build error claim against the OEM.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #17

Since it started to work again when you removed an AAV, have you tried replacing that AAV with a new one to make sure that old AAV wasn't the problem? The simplest solutions are sometimes the right solutions. A new valve is under $15 at Home Depot, what do you have to lose? At the very worst, you will have a spare AAV.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #18

I thought I'd follow up on this thread I started. After thoroughly convincing myself that something wasn't installed correctly I contacted the Forest River warranty department by email. Based on my observations they suggested I return the trailer to the factory. They arranged transport about a week later. They kept it for about 3 weeks. Got a call last week saying it was done and asking when/where to have it delivered. It arrived yesterday, problem solved. They added a 3rd roof vent, this one connected directly to the grey tank. I ran a bucket of water down the drain and it flowed just fine, no backup!!! Also, the shop floor paperwork indicates they fixed a few other things they identified that I didn't realize were problems.

I am impressed by their customer service. I was expecting to have to haul it to the dealer to get warranty work done (~150 miles away). By having them arrange (and pay for) transport, that took the hassle out of it for me. I hear a lot of complaints about dealing with various manufactures to get warranty claims filled. In this case I had a positive experience with Forest River that I thought I would share.

Thanks everyone for your input.
2106Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey tank, tank, vent